Defend the Oceans

on Sunday, November 19, 2006

Canada, I love you but lately the Government has been making some really bad decisions on the international environment scene.......decisions that impeach the previously good reputation of the country on these matters. Please wake up and stand for what is right for our world. Remember our children need a world to live in too. May it still be a beautiful and life-sustaining one. As for the oceans, overfishing and damaging fishing techniques have already resulted in much grief and diminished fish stocks around the world. Now is the time to put a stop to these destructive activities. I show this with a heavy heart and a hope that Canada returns to being a "green" nation.



My thanks to http://eclectech.blogspot.com/2006/11/blame-canada-and-espaa.html for creating these messages.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Ha, this is hysterical. And so true. Are you from Canada? Do you remember cod fish? All gone. And there's hardly any salmon left on the west coast. Do you think it's too late?

It really frightens and depresses me. I try to tell the younger generation that it's up to them to come up with a solution because our generation will never do it. All they do is deny, deny, deny.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I am Malaysian but had the opportunity of spending some 3 years in your wonderful country. I feel very Canadian and loyally support all the Canadian Hockey Teams. I was there when the Maritimes cod fisheries collapsed. When indeed will we learn?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin