Putting Words to the Pictures

on Friday, December 14, 2007

With reference to the previous post, here is the answers in words for all you bloggers to lazy to burn a few brain cells.

1. The answer is boldly written for all to see. I wonder how old you thought I was. One blogger had previously thought I was a teenager. At first I thought that it meant she thought I was youthful but then again maybe she thought I was immature. Hmmm. Incidentaly if you look at what is written on the car bonnet or hood, that is what I would like to do with my next birthday. Any ideas how to do that?

2. Actually there are a whole bunch of places I would like to go to but this just happens to be flavor of the moment. It is Dubrovnik in Croatia. A World Heritage Site. History, spectacular scenery and warm Mediterranean waters. Plus it is still slightly off the beaten path.

3. Lake Louise. I was in Canada for about 3.5 years. From my base in Ottawa, I managed to see Toronto, Quebec City, Niagara Falls, Alqonguin Park, Muskokas, Kingston, Burlington, Gatineau Park, Vancouver, Kamloops, Banff, Yoho, Lake Louise and Calgary.

4. Chili Crab or Sweet & Sour Crab. Mmmmmm. It has to be done with mangrove crabs though. The meat is sweeter and more abundant. I've posted on this before on my World Food Spots.

5. Nothing special here. I was born in this old missionary hospital (today it is a private hospital) in the early morning. My Chinese Zodiac sign is a Tiger. An early morning tiger is a sleepy, contented tiger (i.e. not fierce) cause I should already have eaten.

6. Place where I live.....the Petronas Twin Towers, once the tallest buildings in the world. Well, okay, I don't actually live there. It is meant to represent the city which I live in but I live near by. Well, okay, not that near but I can still see the towers in the distance from where I live!

7. I grew up with about three dogs in the house at any one time but they were always my mother's dog or my sister's dog or my brother's dog. I only ever had one dog which was my dog and it was an Alsatian mix. The name was given by my Mother and as the picture shows, it must be some exotic East European name. Losing this dog was very traumatic for me in my childhood.

8. Again I have many good friends rather than one best friend. I chose the one with the most interesting nickname. The picture show the natives of Papua New Guinea who helped ferry wounded Australian soldiers along the infamous Kokoda Trail during World War II. The Aussies gave these men a nickname. This also happens to be the name of a bear in children's stories and is the nickname of my friend.

9. What can I say? My first name sucks.

10. It was in a water quality test laboratory on a project to develop rapid methods to be used in poor, inaccessible rural areas to detect water contamination.

18 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Well I had 7 out of 10 correct - does this mean I win a prize? LOL
The pic of Croatia was incredibly beautiful - I can see why you wish to visit.
The Towers must be viewable for a long distance in any direction. Very impressive too. Do you ever think of 9-11 when you see them?

Leslie: said...

Well, I guess I suck cuz I only got 5 out of 10. But I enjoyed this post a lot. It was fun and I might do it myself after Christmas. I never can think of interesting posts so have to be a copycat sometimes.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

It was really fascinating to learn more about you. I am a Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac, too, and the attributes (symptoms?) described are amazingly similar to my Western Zodiac sign, Cancer.

Losing a pet is one of the most traumatic things that can happen at any age.

I've been away from Blogsville for awhile and just noticed that my link to your site somehow disappeared. Going to fix it right now. I've missed you.

Anonymous said...

:) Thank you for that glimpse on Calvin!
I think the Petronas-towers are still the highest building. Once came about an interesting site of a kind of "society" of the tallest buildings ... have to search.

Tai said...

Nothing wrong with Calvin!

I enjoyed that!

Jocelyn said...

Some memes don't do much for me, but this one has a whiff of whimsy to it--and it did, in fact, give me new insights into you, the writer.

I may try it!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Janice
A prize? I can share my Nobel Prize with you if you like. I got it from Stock City Girl from Stockholm so it is obviously genuine. Concerning 9-11, our joke here is that the guy with the fantastic view right at the top is the mail boy. :)

leslie,
I steal all of mine from jess at daysgoby. I try to be a little selective with memes but they are such a help when the brain is on holiday.

hearts,
Glad to have you back and thanks for the nice kind words. I appreciate the link going up again. I am one of those who get illogical pleasure from watching my Technorati ranking advance.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

mago,
I think Taiwan has already beaten us as far as the tallest building. I think there is a building in Shanghai that is also taller.

tai,
Look up the meaning of the name Calvin and you'd know what I mean. Anyway, I'd rather be Hobbes.

jocelyn,
I have noted that you like whimsy. I will endeavor to learn more about this "whimsy".

MedStudentWife said...

I think the name Calvin is so kwel !!!

And - Calvin & Hobbs has to be one of my all time favourite cartoons - I think I have almost the entire set of anthologies.

Anonymous said...

Ah, it is all very interesting! I guessed you were in your late thirties, so you fooled even me!

Take Care,
P

meggie said...

Great post. I enjoyed doing it too, & I also stole it from Jess.

Dave said...

Well, had I checked in with you the other day, I certainly would have got the Lake Louise one correct. That is one place I do plan on going before they bury me 6 feet under! :-)

Jo said...

Calvin, you're adorable, and you do suit your name. It goes with your wonderful personality! You have a great sense of humor and sense of the ridiculous.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Thanks to all who have said nice things about the name "Calvin". Very sweet of you.

msw,
I do enjoy Calvin and Hobbes but I got ,most of my world values from the misguided psychiatry of Lucy Van Pelt and the dubious philosophy of Linus Van Pelt of the Peanuts Gang.

proxima,
Ah, the late thirties. I can still remember dem years.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

meggie,
I've seen your post and enjoyed reading it. I've been to Bangkok too but never been to the Royal palace yet.

dave,
Do it (Lake Louise) and do it long before they decide to bury you. If heaven was like that, I wouldn't be disappointed.

josie,
Thanks. Do you know any job where my sense of the ridiculous can make me large gobs of money? Just curious.

heiresschild said...

i don't know the cartoon Calvin & Hobbs, so thanx for making that clear. i like the name Calvin also.

Claire said...

You are such an interesting fellow!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

sylvia,
You don't know Calvin and Hobbes? It's kind of like Dennis the Menace but Calvin has an over active imagination and that gets him onto trouble while Hobbes is his stuffed tiger side kick.

claire,
why thank you. is that interesting as you would talk to me if we met at a party interesting or is that interesting as you would capture me and have me dissected interesting? Just joking. Thanks.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin