I Wish For Two Wishes

on Thursday, April 03, 2008

Claudia tagged me to do this Make a wish meme.

I find myself to be very often to be a mass of contradictions pretending to be one person. That being the case, please excuse me as I cheat and make two wishes. This first one comes from my emotional and spiritual side.



This second wish comes from my thinking and cynical side.



1. Think about what it is that you want more than anything, what your heart’s desire and fondest wish is, and what it is that you would wish for if you were to see the above wishing star flame across the night sky.
2. Right click and SAVE the blank graphic below.
3. Use a graphics program of your choice and place your wish on this picture:


4. Post the Make A Wish Meme and your wishing star on your blog along with these rules.
5. Tag as many people as you like so that there can be wishing stars all across the Blogosphere and ask them to please link back to Linda at Are We There Yet? so that she can see what wishes others have made and share those wishes with others.

If you don’t currently have a graphics program and aren’t sure how to put your message on the picture you can either download one for free (Linda used IrfanView which is an image viewer but also allows you to customize and optimize your pictures) or email Linda at mouseski58@yahoo.com, tell her what you’re wishing for, and she’ll customize the picture for you and email it back to you so that you can then post it.

Claudia tagged the following: FuriousBall, Los Angelista, She became a butterfly, No Nonsense Girl, Mr. Fabulous, Miss Britt, Jameil, Heart in SF, Kevin Charnas, Squirrelly, Michelle at Lede me on and Michael C.

I tag the following: Citizen of the world, Happy Downtowner , Daysgoby, Claire and Medstudentwife .

22 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

I agree with the first one completely but I LOVE the humor in the second one LOL.

Anonymous said...

I really don't find your two wishes contradicting. There are many sides to one's self.

Prx

I've already maxed out my wishes and now I have to head to work. :)

meggie said...

I think we would all like the chance of your second wish!! LOL.

Jo said...

I have one wish, well, more than one, really - but one really, really special wish. But I'm afraid I have to keep it private. So it is not something I would want spread over the Internet. *heh*

I like your two wishes, and as Proxima says, they don't really contradict themselves.

Cycling Goddess said...

You know, only a lovely squirrel like you could have really good wishes like these two.

I've downloaded the software and am having fun experimenting with it and finding my wish. I want it to be special so it will be posted tomorrow :)

Thank you for tagging me LGS

MedStudentWife said...

Thanks LGS :)Maybe I'll wish for a new bed *lol*

Actually - this is going to be a tuffy 'cause there is a lot I hope for (hope = wish).

I have to put my thinking cap on

Anonymous said...

Nice wishes. Hmm - let me give that one soem thought, and then I will tackle it.

.Tom Kapanka said...

LGS,
Great post!
I’m dropping by my favorite blogs to explain that I’ve made some progress on the video project from my Thailand trip. My current post explains why I haven’t been seen much in the cyberhood the past few weeks. If you’re looking for some alternative entertainment, I’ve posted some clips and the Youtube link to more of them. Thank you for expressing interest back in January before this project was understandably put on hold as we attended to family matters.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at the second wish. Even when you are cynical you are hopeful. Cynicism is just not your nature!

Great wishes! I hope you get them!

Dave said...

If I saw a star like that, I would wish that I had my camera with me! :-) Now if I was to wish for your second wish, I know that I would fail! :-)

Have a great weekend LGS!

kimber said...

Okay, LGS, you've given me a good laugh for the afternoon! Your honesty is awesome!

Dr.John said...

I think I will try that in the near future.

riseoutofme said...

I often thought as a child that if a genie were to grant me 3 wishes, I would wish for 300 .. does that make me very greedy? I had lots of things I wanted to change in the world and no power to implement them. I still have lots of secret wishes but your first one would sort all of them out and your second one made me laugh!

Jocelyn said...

I'm going to find the responses to your tags very interesting. Every time you give money away, you'll have a chance to see what your life is without it. So toss it to the winds (and charities!).

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

janice,
"would it spoil some vast eternal plan....if I were a wealthy man!" from Fiddler on the Roof.

proxima,
I probably have maxed out my wishes too but I wish you much happiness and blessing.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

meggie,
Actually, I confess that I got the idea from the irrepressible Spike Milligan.

josie,
No fair telling us there is a secret wish and then not telling us what that is.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

downtowner,
Looking forward to your wishes.

msw,
And also looking forward to yours.

cz,
Hmmmm. Wonder what it will be.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

tom,
I haven't been visiting other blogs much this last week as my 85 year old mother had to be admitted to hospital for surgery for a broken femur. I have had to do a lot of running around but I will try to drop in soon.

claudia,
Are you saying that I stink at being cynical? How disappointing.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

dave,
Or you could wish for Photoshop and create your own starry nights!

Kimber,
Thanks. Donations towards my second wish are accepted! ;)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

dr. john
Please do the meme. I will watch out for it.

riseoutofme,
You gotta be careful with those genies...real shady characters.

jocelyn,
With what money I have, I would not need to throw it to the wind....a slight breeze would be enough to carry it all away. .....*sob*.....

Evalinn said...

Two good wishes, I hope they will both be fullfilled! ;-)

Linda said...

Both wishes are fantastic but I hope you don't mind if I borrow your second wish and make it one of my own, too!

Thanks for playing along!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin