Monday Blues

on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Arrrgggggh! Where did the weekend go? Let's see. Had a work related dinner on Friday night. Had to wake up early on Saturday and attended a World Environment Day work related event until 4.30 pm. That was fun involving senior executives of a large multi national company chaperoning children from a home of abandoned or abused children as they went on a nature treasure hunt in the jungle. Still, it was tiring. Saturday evening was spent preparing for church as I was scheduled to lead part of the worship the next day.

Sunday started early again as I prepared for the worship service with our church's team of young musicians. Church service was from 9 to 11.30 am. Church is always a refreshing time of meeting with God but this week it was a bit more stressful since I had to prepare for the worship and song-lead. Went to my office to sort out some work. Went out for lunch with my niece and her husband. Went shopping for groceries. Slept until dinner and now I am blogging.

It's been a busy and tiring weekend which I had very little time for myself. And now, Monday is just minutes away and it will be a very busy week. Hmmmm. Got the Monday Blues....big time.

I wish I had more solitude time this weekend.

Wish I was here...........where everybody knows my name and the drop of amber gold hits the spot.


Or perhaps here .......... where I can feel the refreshingly cool water on a warm day. A balm for body and soul.

17 comments:

Gerbil said...

Oh I love whitewater rafting, but I haven't done it for a couple of years.

Wow, you need a rest from your weekend!

Cycling Goddess said...

LGS, it's me Happy Downtowner, I decided to change my handle.

I can so relate to Monday Blues... I'll probably feel it tomorrow as I had a wonderful weekend and best of all, my foot is feeling so well, I think I'm getting used to running. You had a full weekend, take a few evenings to yourself to recuperate.

Love the pics... didn't know squirrels drank beer :)

Anonymous said...

Some weekends are like that aren't they. Maybe you can schedule yourself a quieter one at the end of this coming week.My favourite weekends are the ones with no committments where I keep my fingers crossed that the phone doesn't ring.Love the picture of the squirrel.We don't have them here in Australia, so it is a delight to see them the few times we have travelled overseas.

the walking man said...

Squirrel...you can be isolated in the middle of a crowd eh? What's Monday? I seem to remember it but I can no longer define what it was...one of the few benefits of a way to early retirement.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

gerbil,
I love whitewater rafting but have only had 3 opportunities to have done it so far.

urban animal,
I like the new moniker. It is sassy and has attitude.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

pam,
I fear that the next three weekends promise to be similar. Glad you like the squirrel picture. It is from an old advert for Guinness.

mark,
Monday is that day you retirees get to rub us working stiffs' noses in it! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't know. A bunch of people drowned so far this year white water rafting (more than 3 - I think 6). My guess is you need a nap! That's a lot of working.

When's the next vacation?

Anonymous said...

Cheers.
Next round on me.

Ruth W. said...

YIKES....is that what WWR looks like?? What have I gotten myself into...

Dr.John said...

Sounds like you had a very good weekend. I hope your week goes as well.

StayAtHomeKat said...

hi dear friend
i am so sorry i have neglected you so
you have not been forgotten

and i have you to thank
for 'getting it' when i saw the news report
of laura bush's travels and her being
entertained
with that Hata Dance!

ty

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

claudia,
What is dis "va-kay-shun"? :)

mago,
wish we could do it for real!

ruth,
it's loads of fun. If you are adventurous, sit right in front. If not, sit in the middle. When are you going?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

dr. john,
Thanks for the positive thoughts but this week is so packed with work, I really am unsure how I'll finish it. Worse, I will be working through the next weekend as well. Still that's life!

kat,
Hi, good to hear from you. I have been by but I don't have much to say about American politics and horses. Hope you are well.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

claudia,
What is dis "va-kay-shun"? :)

mago,
wish we could do it for real!

ruth,
it's loads of fun. If you are adventurous, sit right in front. If not, sit in the middle. When are you going?

meggie said...

There are times when being 'retired' is very very nice!
Love the bar shot!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

meggie,
I am ready to retire. Mentally ready. too bad I ain't financially ready.

Anonymous said...

Your right, you did have a mor difficult weekend then me. But I love this coincidnce about your weekend wrap-up and mine: we both had a whitewater rafting photo (mine by link to an earlier post) and we both had a photo fo a squirrel.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin