Seasonal Gift Ideas

on Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let me start with a simple question.

Question:- "What do you get a man who has everything?"
Answer:- "Multi-action antibiotics!"

Bada-boom! Did you get that?

Seriously though, some people are hard to get presents for. They either have everything or they are very particular about what they get or in some cases, they really don't want anything. This post provides a helpful suggestion as to what to get them this coming Christmas.

How many of you are procrastinators? Raise your hands. Ummm....or perhaps maybe it is better if you leave a comment and fess up to it. Don't worry. I am a well known procrastinator too and that is my point. A large portion of the general population are procrastinators. Give them 3 months to write a report and they will spend 2 months and 29 days watching TV and get started on the report on the night of the last day before dateline. Their motto's include "Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow" and "No matter how much time you have been given to do something, make sure you use up all that time to complete it."

Well, have I got the gift suggestion for you to give them. Get them a "round tuit". Round tuits are very rare but they are now available on internet at on-line stores such as Quantum Enterprises. It is the perfect gift for procrastinators because it enables them to finally complete the task or project that they have been meaning to do for eons.

Below is a special internet scanned version of a round tuit which was brought to you at great expense by the Realm of the Lone Grey Squirrel. If you need one, just copy and print.


They come in a number of styles; including the complex (like above) or the simple (below).


Yet other round tuits can be very ornate and elaborate like this following one.


Finally, Irish round tuits have been known to have instructions written on them to help the Irish peoples put them to good use.



Happy Christmas shopping! If you haven't done it yet and are running out of time, don't forget to print that first round tuit and then you can get round to getting it all done.

13 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

When I saw your round tuit I laugh so loudly. In the late 70s early 80s I worked in a factory that built fiber glass boats. There were many round tuits there. I had a few at home for awhile. Just thinking back I can remember the smell and the white powder from grinding on the boat. Resperators and white paper suits and taped up shoes and you still went home smelling pretty bad.
But you always had a few tuits.

blackcrag said...

My dad gave my sister a round tuit when we were kids. I think it worked because she has accomplished a lot in her life; married three kids, a career, nice house... and me, who never recieved a round tuit... well, I'm permanently single and scrabbling for a buck.

Jocelyn said...

You are such a goof. I want to give one of these to all of my students. We're at the time of the semester when I constantly have the thought of "Don't let your failure to take action become my emergency."

the walking man said...

Nope, no sir squirrel, no round toits here. I, would, I suppose get some but to be honest since they are not sold door to door I will just admit I am to lazy to procrastinate.

Anonymous said...

I am a procrastinator as well as a horrible gift giver. And being flat broke doesn't really help my situation either.

StayAtHomeKat said...

perfect for me

me, a supreme procrastinator

I have finally got a round toit in cleaning up my house

blessings upon you lsg

I have been off kilter for months and months but I am back in the swing of things and getting back to all that I love and enjoy...


including you dear squirrel friend

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Joyce,
Building fiber glass boats? How interesting! Were you one of the craftspeople? Did the round tuits work?

blackcrag,
If it will help, you may copy any or all of the round tuits in this post and consider it a gift from me to you. Now that you have your own round tuit, go forth and conquer the world......if I might suggest, you could start by going to Montreal and meeting that someone that you posted about awhile back.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

jocelyn,
A goof? Thank you, I think. Hope the round tuits still have power over today's youth.

TWM,
Haha! I think you have earned the right to some procrastination.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

J,
I understand your circumstance. But all you need to do is print out this post, cut out the image of a round tuit, paste it on a piece of cardboard salvaged from the rubbish heap and walla....you have a round tuit. It is a uniquely miserly and cheap gift that can be made for close to nothing and with near minimal effort. Plus you could claim that you are recycling cardboard! Such a winner!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

kat,
good to see you surfacing for air. I have been visiting regularly but didn't really want to comment about the US presidency campaign. Hope to see you around more.

Eastcoastdweller said...

And when someone gets around to going to college, they pay ... tuition.

But you knew that already ... intuition.

Marja said...

Ha ha Thanks LGS Just what I needed. How did you know? You must be related to father christmas.
Anyway Happy Christmas my friend and a Great 2009 See you next year

Dr.John said...

I have had one of those for years and it hasn't helped at all.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin