Phasers on Kill

on Saturday, May 09, 2009

I am a big fan of Star Trek, especially the original series with James Tiberius Kirk, Spock and the rest of the first USS Enterprise crew. In honor of the new movie representing this time period and story line, I thought it would be fun to see which Star Trek character would I be as according to this deviously designed personality quiz.

Readers would have probably noticed from my recent posts that I was going through one of periodic funks when I despair for the human race. I thought that doing this quiz would be a pick-me-up but I was wrong as I turned out to be..........expendable.


Your results:
You are An Expendable Character (Redshirt)

































An Expendable Character (Redshirt)
80%
Spock
77%
Deanna Troi
75%
Leonard McCoy (Bones)
65%
Geordi LaForge
60%
Uhura
50%
Beverly Crusher
50%
Jean-Luc Picard
45%
Will Riker
45%
Data
37%
James T. Kirk (Captain)
35%
Chekov
35%
Mr. Scott
30%
Mr. Sulu
30%
Worf
30%
Since your accomplishments are seldom noticed,
and you are rarely thought of, you are expendable.
That doesn't mean your job isn't important but if you
were in Star Trek you would be killed off in the first
episode you appeared in.


Click here to take the Star Trek Personality Quiz


In hindsight, I should have not been surprised at my rather poor result on this quiz. In fact I have never done well in these internet character quizzes or name generators as you can see here.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow redshirt! Most names I did not recognize on that list ..., but anyway, shot at first sight!

Joyce's Ramblings said...

I was thinking that Worf was a way to measure speed.
It was a great way to forget what was going on in your life. Watch out for the Klingons!

blackcrag said...

I was Worf; "trained in the art of combat and usually intimidating."

StayAtHomeKat said...

You are Jean-Luc Picard- moi

the walking man said...

"Geordi LaForge

You work well with others and often
fix problems quickly. Your romantic
relationships are often bungled."

Uhhhh ok now tell me where I can get one of those eye thingys...I only need a monoptipcle though.

On a limb with Claudia said...

:-o

You are not expendable to me. I might not be the most attentive blog reader - or give the most - but I would miss you if you were red shirted.

heiresschild said...

i had free screenings passes to the new Star Trek, but wasn't able to make it. i will pay and go see it though. my daughter's middle name is Nishelle, named after Nichelle Nichols from the original Star Trek series. we changed the "c" to "s" for her godmother's name. phew! we were really workin' that name. lol!

geewits said...

Here are my top ones:
Chekov ----75%
Jean-Luc Picard ----75%
Geordi LaForge ----65%
James T. Kirk (Captain) ----60%
Mr. Scott -----55%
Worf -----50%

It looks like you and I have almost equal Geordi parts.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Mago,
Haha. "Shot at first sight". Very witty. Now go stand somewhere else.....you attract Phaser fire.

Joyce,
Worf is a fierce Klingon who would not take kindly to being confused with a measurement of speed. Watch out INDEED for the Klingons!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

blackcrag,
Hmm. Just how tall, strong and insanely violent are you?

kat,
Somehow, it doesn't surprise me that you are hero material.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Mark,
It just means that you look good in shades!

Claudia,
Do you know why they give us expendables the red shirt? Don't have to wash out the blood stains before giving the shirt to the new recruit!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sylvia,
Good to hear from you! Nichelle? Was she the actress that played Lieutenant Uhura?

geewits,
How can you be both Chekov and Picard? Live Long and Prosper and may you find the movie worth seeing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's so harsh! The test is wrong, don't believe them!

Andre said...

I = Deanna Troi. Really?!

"You are a caring and loving individual. You understand people's emotions and you are able to comfort and counsel themClearly, this survey's administration has never spent a day with me. :)

By the way, LGS: you're far from expendable.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

cz,
Thanks. I know it is wrong. I always fancied myself as Spock (without the ears).

Dre,
Would that be Dreanna Troi? Oh, so not you. Surely I see you manning the phaser banks and arming the photon torpedoes......not giving namby-pamby counseling.

Sincerity said...

Mr. LGS: NOOOO! I don't want you to die! But perhaps being a red shirt takes some talent. I mean, after all, its not so easy to make dying look so convincingly dramatic... right?

medstudentwife said...

*lol* - I'm Deanna Troi with an expendable red shirt as a second. Picard was either 3rd or 4th :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sincerity,
I just watched the new Star Trek movie and sure enough, a redshirt dies on the mission to disable the drill platform.

msw,
I would have thought "Beverly Crusher" for you.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin