Moving to Blogland Lane

on Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Haven't you ever wondered what it would have been like to be among the pioneers moving in and establishing a new town in the middle of the wilderness? Well, a new community has been founded by KJ in Blogland Lane and she is inviting us to join her pioneer community.

Having accepted her warm invitation, my wife and I will be virtually moving in to 1313 Blogland Lane home this weekend. Allow me to take you on a virtual tour.



The cedar wood home is in a forested setting, on a small rise overlooking a nearby lake and with a stream gurgling nearby. The main living area will have high ceilings and tall glass windows with a view of the lake. Windows throughout the house take advantage of the views of the old growth forests.

Outback there is a deck with a hot tub, ideal for a soak while looking at the stars at night. Also a great place to catch some rays and to have a barbeque. There is also a screened area which is great for a snooze while communing with nature sans bugs.

The other obvious feature is the many squirrel feeders but being generous, birds are welcome too.

Visitors are always welcome for a chat and will be greeted with a cool beer in summer and warm chocolate in winter.

Visit HERE to have a look at some of my other dream homes.




.
Description:
a wide choice of available land
including double lots,
lakeside, ocean front,
small plots, rambling acreage,
dells with forest canopies,
tree lined, flat, or hilly terrain,
whatever you want.
.
Suggestions:
Just put up a picture of your home/yard
on your own blog
and the place is yours!
Provide any details and descriptions you want,
and put out the Welcome Mat
or the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign.
Whatever.
.
(Just leave a comment on her blog letting people know they can see
your house on your blog.)

12 comments:

secret agent woman said...

We'll be neighbors then - I'm moving in as soon as I can get my head together.

molly said...

I like the idea of forests around my house, but more than that, or in addition, if possible, I'd like to be by water. There would have to be one room where I could hide when I just wanted to be alone, with a good supply of books, a sewing machine, fabric, yarn and music. No pics available, but they're there, in my head. Of course, if you have a room to spare and wouldn't mind having a lodger, I'd be happy to move into yours!

Owen said...

MMmmmmm, looks nice neighbor ! If I bring the squirrels a bag of nuts from the Chestnut trees around 524, and sacks of sunflower seeds from the sunflower patch, (two acres of the giant variety) may I stop by for a beer and a soak in the hot tub later ? That looks like heaven...

Anonymous said...

oooo, that does look like a nice and quiet place to live. :) I love the trees. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Secret agent woman,
Look forward to seeing you moved in.

molly,
You'd be most welcome to stay over. Plus we could hang your quilts on the walls as works of art.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

owen,
A hot tub is meant to be used just as a beer is meant to be drunk and seeds and chestnuts to be eaten. We'd just be doing what comes naturally.

cabcree,
Yes, quiet, peace and a babbling brook.

On a limb with Claudia said...

You mean we can all move to the same community together?! How lovely would THAT be! I love your home. It looks just delicious.

Jo said...

Ohhh... gorgeous! Do you have a guest room?

That looks amazingly like British Columbia. :-)

StayAtHomeKat said...

There is property next door to me with lots of trees a squirrel would love.... you can move in next door... I will help you cut the Kudzu

olivia said...

You have an amazing view! :D

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Claudia,
Only problem is that if we all lived in the same community, we'd probably stop blogging and just pop over for tea. The tea (with honey) might be nice but we'd stop blogging.

Jo,
Your little tree-=house looks good enough for me. Can I trade my virtual home with your real world one?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

kat,
Without your industrious character, my garden would be over run by kudzu in no time and I will have to rent it out for the filming of "Lost Civilizations".

olivia,
Ah.....that's my dream view.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin