Ramblin' on the La Rambla

on Saturday, September 19, 2009

Here is another post in my series on Barcelona, Spain. I had previously done an introduction to Barcelona entitled "Barcelona Uno" and had also posted on the amazing work of art and architecture which is Sagrada Familia.

This time, I present for your viewing pleasure, a video on La Rambla which is a 1.2 km long tree-lined pedestrian mall which stretches from the old Barri Gotic to the El Raval part of town. More importantly, it is a street alive with interesting architecture and exciting city life. A favorite with locals and tourists alike, it is like walking on the pulse of the city.

If you ever get to visit Barcelona, this is as good place as any to start orientating to the local lifestyle. This video highlights the attractions on the street including architecture, crafts, food, street performers, monuments and the famous Mercat de la Boqueria (iconic fresh produce market). Also keep a look out for my wife who will be "cleverly" hidden thoughout the video cause she is "internet shy".



Oh, by the way, someone has done a photo portrait of the Lone Grey Squirrel. Please drop by using this link, Portrait of LGS, and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Beautiful post with a tribute! I love visiting places even if it is on my computer. The places I have actually visited I can bring back in my mind and enjoy again and again.

Sincerity said...

Great post Mr. LGS! Of course I think all your posts are great, but that's beside the point.:) Even though I have been to Spain several times I have never been to Barcelona yet so this was very interesting to me. Thanks for sharing!

And the portrait was just adorable! :)

Meggie said...

Very nice post. Love the shy Mrs LGS. Beautiful smile!

secret agent woman said...

The lone grey squirrel looks unhappily chilly to me!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Joyce,
I would love to read about some of your "ramblings" and visit those places from my computer too.

Sincerity,
Well, I have also enjoyed your posts on Spain and look forward to more. I am sure you will enjoy Barcelona.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Meggie,
Thanks. I had fun finding imaginative ways for "hiding" her face.

Secret agent woman,
Alas, such is the lot of the lone grey squirrel, to wander the icy winter scenery....cold and alone.

Janice Thomson said...

Cleverly hidden indeed :)
Our resident squirrel is going to look like that soon... I only saw him twice this year - too many dogs I think...

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin