And the winner is.......

on Sunday, May 27, 2007


It's true. After years of humiliating rejection for serious scientific work, LGS was finally awarded the Nobel Prize for Partying and this was acheived by winning a little competition. He was nominated for and awarded the prize by Stock City Girl. She is Swedish and lives just round the corner from the Nobel Museum, so you know this is as authentic as it gets (also I was not required to pay any money so that proves it is not a scam). With tears in his eyes, the Awardee said,"If I had only known it could be won so easily, I would not have studied that hard at University. Thank you Stock City Girl for believing in me."



This just in:- This reporter has learnt that LGS has also been awarded the "Balls Award" by nancycle on 22nd of May. The selection process for the "Balls Award" is very different in that it is more of a people's choice award rather than undergoing the stringent selection process of the elite Nobel Committees. The Awardee said, "It was harder to win this award than the Nobel Prize as it involved doing a short thesis on song lyric interpretations. It was like sitting for an exam and it was not multiple guess....er, I mean choice!" He added, "I am honored to have been awarded this by nancycle cause she deserves the female equivalent of this award.......and I have no idea what that award would be called!"

When asked about his future plans, he replied, "Awards are fine but you still have to eat. So I'll still be collecting nuts tomorrow."

14 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

What a hoot Lgs!...what next?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
The Nobel and the Nanocycle-Special in one! That's hardly to top!

Evalinn said...

Any time LGS!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

janice,
what next? I don't know. I always get my inspirations from you folk. I haven't forgotten about writing a poem but I want to practice some more first.

mago, thanks.
evalinn,
Again thanks.

Jo said...

LGS, you party animal...! Congratulations. Well, I know how you squirrels like to party. Yesterday when I was replanting some more of the containers on my terrace, they were filled with peanuts. And the squirrels were sitting in the trees chattering at me in Squirreleze "Leave those alone! Leave those alone!" It seems they have wild and crazy bacchanalia on my terrace every night when I'm asleep :-)

Josie

Becky Wolfe said...

Oh gracious & humble awardee! You have earned these with pride!

:) hee hee

nancycle said...

Oh...you are too funny!!!!

Thank you for lifting the blanket of shame off me! LOL.

Let it be known I have a couple of other LGS pics still up my sleeve ;-).

Happy nut collecting...I'll steer clear of wishing you find any big ones...

meggie said...

Do you think awards are slightly overrated?? haha.

Jocelyn said...

Ah, pragmatic in the end, aren't you, oh Honoree?

Gather nuts while you can! The next award is surely coming soon.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

josie,
In truth, I am a wimpy party animal but its fun taking on another persona. Now, you seem to have some wild party squirrels in your neighborhood.

becky,
Am proud to be so humble! Hah! :)

nancycle,
Are you threatening me with even more PlaySquirrel pictures? I'd retaliate but I don't even know what a "nancycle" is. LoL.

meggie,
How can you say such a thing! The Nobel prize for Partying is not over-rated as it comes with a free beer, if only I can get to Stock City Girl's place in Sweden. Care to donate to poor deserving party animals? :)

jocelyn,
Hmmm. There's a parable in there somewhere about collecting nuts in between getting awards. :)

Anonymous said...

With that look in her eyes...I think she wants you, LGS. :)

-P

CS said...

(I believe the female equivalent is the Ovaries Award.)
Congratulations!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Proxima,
Really?

Cs,
But does "ovaries" convey the same message?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin