Kurious Kat

on Saturday, July 04, 2009

My friend Kat has tagged me to do this meme. She was supposed to tag 8 others to do it but she only tagged me. So, I think it is reasonable that I tag no one but feel free to do it is you want and let me know if you chose to do so.

And now Kat, because you wanted to know.........


What is your current obsession?
Having used Window based computer systems all my life, I am considering getting my first Apple computer for my photos and video work. It's turning out to be a huge life changing decision for me as an Apple costs almost double the price here. I am currently obsessively reading up on Apple and talking to anyone who has used one.

What are you wearing today?
An old but comfortable T-shirt commemorating the 2nd Annual Taste of Banff Festival, Lake Louise in 1994 and brown shorts and brown moccasins. I remember trying bison at the Festival.

What’s for dinner?
Dim Sum! I know this is usually eaten for breakfast or lunch but this particular restaurant has a 30-45 minute waiting time during the day so my wife and I always go at dinner time when there is no queue. We do this about twice a month.

What’s the last thing you bought?
Apart from groceries, I recently bought a book about Malaysian Highland Orchids for a friend.

What are you listening to right now?
I recently came across someone who Ecuador who plays Native American music in Malaysia. I am listening to his CD.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
There is a tranquil pool fed by a river stream in the middle of the rainforest in Endau Rompin National Park (Johor), Malaysia. Crystal clear waters and surrounded by the jungle.......peace.





Which language do you want to learn?
Spanish. I just like the sound of it. I'm a big fan of Spanish music but it would be good to understand the lyrics. Otherwise, I've also admired Gaelic.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
The fact that you can get Malay, Chinese, Indian and other ethnic foods almost anytime of the day. In fact, I love this a bit too much.

What is your favorite colour?
Aquamarine or any blue-green combination.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
Similar to Cindy, any T-shirt which commemorates a place that I have been to.

Describe your personal style?
Casual and sloppy.

Name a famous person you share a birthday with.
Apparently, I share a birthday with the British author, Roald Dahl (1916 - 1990).

What are you going to do after this?
Watch some TV and then sleep.

Your favorite smell?
Smell of bacon in the morning.........yummy. But okay, favorite smell would also be the smell of rain. That is so refreshing.

Do you collect anything?
Selected comic books like Bone and Groo. Used to collect commemorative tea-towels to remember places I visit. Now it is T-shirts and photos.

What makes you follow a blog?
Interesting and honest people with interesting and honest things to say. People I can learn things from.

Do you like to comment on blogs or just lurk?
I lurk ever so briefly but then I like to leave comments cause I like the interaction.

What’s one thing you dream of doing?
Whitewater rafting down the Colorado or the Amazon.

What is your biggest regret?
Not helping a friend when I had the opportunity.

What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Curl up with a book and doze off.

Do you have a tattoo?
Nope! Absolutely not my thing.

Do you play an instrument?
Up to 6 chords on the guitar but little else.

Who was your hero (or "shero") when you were a child?
David Livingstone.

If you find a spider in your house, would you: a) kill it, b) leave it alone, C) capture it and release it outside? (This is my added question)
Leave it alone.

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo...my husband is a total Mac fan and would tell you to do it. :) I'd find it a huge change myself. I hope you enjoy it! enjoyed reading the rest of the answers to the questions as well

squirrelmama said...

What a nice squirrel you are. You wouldn't kill spiders, you have beautiful taste in colors and outdoor places and.....like most good squirrels, you like being casual. (Do squirrels eat hazelnut dim sum?)

Marja said...

Como esta usted LGS I learned a bit of Spanish when I was young Dutch people go on holiday in Spain because it is nice and warm there
About Apple computers My kids have one I don't know how to work them
Their school works with apples because the graphic quality is better although some say the differences get less and less
Asta la vista senor squirrel

Kate said...

I love the picture!

Owen said...

Enjoyed reading your tag answers, but not one reference in there to squirrels ? Love the looks of that pool in the forest. Found a place like that in Haiti once upon a time. As for Macs, I've watched my wife struggling with hers over the years, and haven't been tempted yet to take the plunge... Happy fourth of July, although actually, here in France, it's the fifth already, and even moreso where you are I guess...

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

cabcree,
Thanks for voting for Apple. If enough of you readers do so, I can buy the Apple peacefully and say that "you guys made me do it!"

squirrelmama,
"hazelnut dim sum"? Now that's an idea.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hola, Marja.I wanna be able to sing latin songs like heart-throb Julio.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Kate,
welcome and thanks for the comment. The place really is that nice. No Photoshop done.

Owen,
I'm a little surprised cause with your interest in photography, I would have thought that you would already be in the Mac camp.

secret agent woman said...

Enjoyed your answers. I have a catch and release policy for spiders in my home.

Batteson.Ind said...

nice to meet you :-D

jmb said...

LGS I switched from the dark side or to the dark side, for I am not convinced yet, six months ago.

I still use both systems and have not totally switched. I still do my email on the pc.

I am not happy with the Mac display for my photos and I have them all on both, yes laboriously transferred all the old ones here and now upload to both computers.

It's strange because everyone says Mac is better for photos and graphic work but that is not my experience. I find the Mac washed out in comparison.

I'll be watching this space to see how you get on. The price difference is staggering isn't it? I could have got a pc for half the price of the Mac. But then I did not want to deal with Vista. I am actually going to have Windows XP installed onto my Mac.

Good luck.

Cheryl said...

Very good meme. One that I'd actually do. But probably won't because I'm too tired now and I'll forget.

Everyone I know that has a Mac loves it. And they look so cool. Do you have an Apple store there? There's 2 stores near me and they're amazing. You can play with all their computers and make an appointment to meet with an Apple associate for one-on-one time. They are pricy.

tsduff said...

Oh my, so many things to comment on!
I suppose I'll just have to take the meme so I can answer the questions personally :)

Meanwhile, you have a lot of similarities to my own answers... well done Mr. Lone Grey Squirrel!

I wonder how you manage to stay so slender with all the foods you love... it isn't fair.

I LOVE that you share a birthday with Roald Dahl... one of my favorite authors! I tried to tell a friend about "James and the Giant Peach" just this past Friday, but "childrens" books just didn't interest her. Imagine, not liking THAT story?!!!!

I differ about the spiders - I tend to take the bigger ones outside and release then since my Love is afraid of them LOL.

Great post dear :)

geewits said...

We have a lot in common. Also like, you I like to learn things and although I had heard the words "dim sum" I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up. Good for you for eating it when you want to. I've never gotten that whole "this is breakfast food" or whatever. My first meal of the day today was a nacho salad and tortilla soup. And an omelet can make a perfectly good dinner.

Dr.John said...

Now I know a great deal more about you.Thank you for sharing.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Secret agent woman,
Catch and release spiders, eh? Now I know how to bug your home....just kidding. :)

watercats,
Would love to meet you guys or even better sit in on one of your jam sessions.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

jmb,
Thanks for your input. I am a little surprised that you find your photos washed out on Mac. Could it be a contrast issue on your monitor? I worry that I am just being dazzled by the cotton candy and that the real benefits turn out to be not worth the extra hard earned dough.

Cheryl,
I hope you will try the meme....sometime. Thanks for your input on the Mac. I'm just dithering about making a decision.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

tsduff,
"stay slender"? I don't know about staying slender but I remember being slender once upon a time.......in a galaxy far far away.

geewits,
I think you are even braver than me when it comes to food. I don't mind trying new things but honestly most of the time I am in a rut.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Dr. John,
I've enjoyed it too on the rare occasion you have done a meme.

secret agent woman said...

Hey, I just did a post that you will like!

Owen said...

Thought you might like this photo :

http://fayepfotos.blogspot.com/2007/09/bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed.html

And if you have a minute to look around; there are lots of other beautiful photos there from Oregon...

JuliaR said...

Think of all the time and money you spend upgrading your PC, fixing things with patches, having it crap out on you, getting rid of viruses, etc. Then the Mac will seem cheap. I lurves my Mac and it is at least 6 years old and still does everything I want it to.

Anonymous said...

I always find it interesting how many bloggers are also avid foodies. Nothing provokes a ton of comments like a blog post that mentions food, I find. I also choose cities based on the kind of restaurants and food that's available.

Gledwood said...

You must be really popular... you know "lone grey squirrel" is a search term in google... I mean you know when you're typing in and already before you've finished suggested wordings are appearing that you can pick? well lone grey squirrel comes up and if you select it you get straight to your blog

That picture of a Malaysian river is absolutely beautiful. You're so lucky living in a "paradise" country...

PS Is it true Malaysia has a royal family? I saw a picture of them... never even realized you had monarchy till last week! I thought Thailand was the only monarchy left in your region, apart from the famous "I keep all the oil revenue for myself and don't share hardly any of it out with the people whose inheritance it is just as much as mine" sultan of Brunei... hmmm

PPS KOALAS at mine "furry Fridays on Saturday" this afternoon...

Jo said...

"The fact that you can get Malay, Chinese, Indian and other ethnic foods almost anytime of the day. In fact, I love this a bit too much." This made me chuckle. I can also identify. Vancouver is like that too, and I rather like it -- a little too much. *heh*

Owen said...

Dear Lone Grey,
NEWS FLASH ... a squirrel was in the news today on CNN :

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/11/wyff.squirrel.head.stuck.cnn

He was having a bad day... hope your's is going better... I know how he feels though, I feel like that at work sometimes... just wanna get the damn thing off my head ! :-D

Sincerity said...

I only use Macs. I LOVE Mac! The newest ones have wonderful features and very clear, bright-colored screens. My brother is a digital artist and he won't use anything other than a Mac. It has been dubbed the
" artist computer by many in the graphic arts communities." There are also considerably less virus issues with Macs.

I love Spanish! My family and I are Spaniards so I guess I'm biased. :)

Ruth L.~ said...

Very interesting. I love learning about people like this. And as for the computer . . . you'll love the Mac. Once you get over the learning curve which shouldn't take long . . . you'll be happy you made the leap.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin