What? Me Cute?

on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

WHAT? ME CUTE?


Recently, someone made this comment;

"You know what you sometimes hide really well on this blog (but whichy comes through hugely in this post)?

You're really cute."

Because I am moderately "schizo", "schizotypal", "avoidance" and "dependent" inclined squirrel according to the online personality disorder test. (and I thought I was just being paranoid), I couldn't sleep for weeks. What was the meaning of this comment? Why did she say I was "really cute"? What does "cute" mean?

So I looked up the definition of "cute" in the Encarta Dictionary and this is what I found;

cute [ kyoot ] (comparative cut·er, superlative cut·est)

adjective

Definition:
1. attractive in childlike way: endearingly attractive in the way that some children and young animals are
Are you trying to say I'm immature? I am way too old to be confused with a child or a young animal. Don't forget, I am a "grey" squirrel......and no spring chicken.

2. physically attractive: young and physically attractive
I wish! If you meant this, you must have been trying to be sarcastic. Why would you be sarcastic? Why? Instead of being sarcastic, send money for er...surgical enhancements.

3. pleasing: smaller than the usual size but nicely arranged or appointed
an apartment with a cute little kitchen

I assure you that I am the opposite of being smaller than usual size. Stop dropping hints! I am joining the gym soon to work on the problem! Honestly!

4. shrewd: sharply intelligent or wily

Did you mean this? I hope you meant this! Now finally this makes some sense. Still, I don't understand why you said that I hide it very well. Hmmmm. Are you trying to be cute?


(This blog was meant to be humorous. No squirrel was actually offended, left sleepless or in fact committed to a psychiatric ward before or during the course of producing this post. The management of this blog also hopes no commentor was similarly offended).

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)) Big grin.

No comment.

Open Grove Claudia said...

This is very cute! ;) Of course you're cute - jeez

Anonymous said...

OK. Worry about this...you're adorable!
And you're clever, too.

MedStudentWife said...

You are such a cutie - there.. had to say it !!!

:)

Will I get into "sweetiness" ?

Janice Thomson said...

I can think of a dozen or more worse names than cutie LOL...good post as always Lgs

adelym said...

Well..I must add that it runs in our Family..hehhe :)
(LGS niece speaks...ehheh)

meggie said...

This made me smile!

Claire said...

Your personality is very cute, that comes through loud and clear!

Jo said...

LGS, whether you like it or not, you are very cute. And cool.

Or as my Munchkin would say, you're way kewt and kewl. :-)

Cheers,
Josie

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

mago,
What have I done? There's too much sweetness in the comments. I guess I'll have too :)) (grin) and bear it. LoL

claudia,
Is cute the same as harmless?

leslie,
I am worried ..... now it feels like I am fishing for compliments. Eeek.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

msw,
I need insulin. Sugary sweet overdose!

janice,
"Cute" lies pretty close to "harmless". LoL. Thanks for commenting on the post.

Adelym,
Been missing your comments. You appreciate that it is good for little children, young ladies, bunnies and cartoon characters to be called cute. It's not the same for a middle aged man.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

meggie,
Good! :) Boy, I'll have to try a lot harder to get you to laugh!

claire,
"cute" personality? Nobody tells James Bond, that he has a cute personality......no, but they would to Kermit the Frog. *sigh*

josie,
Now "cool" is better than "cute". James Bond is cool, Kermit is cute. Lara Croft is cool, Miss Piggy is cute. Yes, cool is better.

the walking man said...

Oh dude if your as big as you say you are hit that gym quick because it's always the big squirrels that get looked for and roasted first.

Yeah I think cute should be a word reserved for ugly babies, you're appellation should be (Why are you hiding that squirrels taste like chicken) Ummm Ummm Good.

peace

TWM

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Mark,
Thank you for your gracious comment. Ummm. Let's keep this thing about tasting like chicken our little secret. I mean squirrels are rodents, it'd be like eating a RAT! Yeah! Tastes like RAT!

Becky Wolfe said...

hahah - you crack me up you 'adorable' squirrel! Funny!

Kilroy_60 said...

My favorite squirrels are the black ones that visit The Writer's Refuge.

When it comes to funny squirrels though there's definitely no competition! Lots of laughs to be had here.

Next time you go surfing I hope you'll come on by The Gonzo Papers. Will look forward to see what comments you may have to offer.

I've included you in A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

LGS, You weren't fishing?
Then I take it back!! You are neither adorable, nor clever, and you are a RAT. And you taste like Chicken...:)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Ah, Mrs. Wolfe,
The squirrel thanks you for your kind words. I see you have been roaming in the mountains over in your blog. Beautiful scenery.

kilroy_60,
My, how exciting! Thank you for your kind words and for writing me up on to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Blogosphere. That is so cool. I shall prepare for hordes of unshaven and unkempt backpackers. I'll start by hiding my stash of nuts.

But seriously, thanks for the honor.

Cheers.


Leslie,
You can't take it back! I have already sent copies of your comment to my great aunt. She would be heartbroken that you are retracting the comments. (well, okay, she'd have a good laugh but really any excitement is bad for her at her age!)

Leslie: said...

;D ;D ;D

adelym said...

Okay..okay...we have young looking features and...fun loving personalities..:) Young at Heart...eheh

Jocelyn said...

No, LGS, no commenter was offended, this one in particular.

And you know, if you're ever wondering what a commenter might mean, you can just ask!

To me, for clarification, "cute" means combining genuine sweetness with a certain charming whimsy.

You've done that.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

leslie,
Just experimenting here but I think this gives good impression of grinning back at you with buck-teeth. ;B ;B ;B

Adelym,
Okay, I can live with that. ;B

Jocelyn,
Ah, she who began all this malarkey!! "genuine sweetness with a certain charming whimsy"? It is as I feared......the Goofy definition! ;B

Thanks for the nice words and for tolerating my mischief.

geewits said...

Funny, I never thought you were hiding it at all.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

geewits,
Nor did I. I always thought I was a WYSIWYG type of guy. By the way, I was always fond of your old photo but this new one's nice too.

Anonymous said...

Bestiality! :)

Ivan

Anonymous said...

Oh-oh.

That should read, beastiality.

I am attracted to little squirrels?

I think I need to see my analyst.

Ivan

Gina said...

you're probably just come across as cute, a cuteness in your writing. Likable and refreshing and.....ask the little lady. She'll tell you how cute you are.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Ivan,
Try the on-line personality disorder test......it happily tells you that you are a nutter and just which variety. :)

Gina,
"ask the little lady"? You mean the commenter? That would be jocelyn. She replied in the comments above.

Evalinn said...

LOL - Seriously CLGS, u are cute. Why are u not good at receiving compliments and have to slice them down into minced meat? Doesn´t make it less true! (Though it was fun to read...)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

evalinn,
I am chastised. I shall try to be more gracious at receiving compliments but ....it would be less funny.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin