A Fabulous Mess

on Sunday, October 28, 2007



It has been a topsy-turvy month for me. Starting with my dad's brief illness and then his passing; all those trips to the doctors, hospital, arranging things, family and friends visiting etc. Then between that and my nephew's wedding in Australia, I was forced to do a lot at the office to clear my work before I left to attend the wedding. I was a week in Australia and then straight away on my return, off on a field trip and working right through the weekend.

During that time, the All Blacks were knocked out of the Rugby World Cup at the quarterfinal stage - which as I have mentioned before is an omen that all is not right in the world. I did not have time to post about ghost stories and Halloween. In fact, I didn't even see any horror movies which is another sign that the world isn't as it should be. Finally, I have been darn right negligent about maintaining my blog and acknowledging my fellow bloggers.

Yet, it was in the midst of this topsy - turvy milieu, that one kind and generous blogger threw some cheer into the mix in the form of an award. I apologise to Claudia that it has taken me this long to acknowledge the award and to pass it on.

Well, after this last month, I don't feel very fabulous but hey, thanks....I needed that.

Below is the definition which I have stolen from the Merriam-Webster online Dictionary.


Main Entry: fab·u·lous
Pronunciation: \ˈfa-byə-ləs\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin fabulosus, from fabula
Date:15th century

1 a: resembling or suggesting a fable : of an incredible, astonishing, or exaggerated nature (fabulous wealth) b: wonderful, marvelous (had a fabulous time) 2: told in or based on fable

I would like to pass this award on to Meggie for providing us with life's free treats. I am still confused about quilting but otherwise, a visit with Meggie is often a rewarding experience as she regales us with wonderful tales and observations of people she has met both past and present. These wonderful, nay, fabulous tales, can only mean that Meggie is a fabulous people person and deserving this award.

13 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

Of course you're fabulous! Great choice too! :)

meggie said...

I humbly thank you, LGS.
You are fabulous, so the award fits you perfectly.
Your writing is wonderful, & always interesting.
Blushes hotly in the humid moring air!

Dave said...

Well LGS... I have always thought that you blog is fabulous which makes you, its author, fabulous as well! I have never been to Australia but will one day make it... Gotta visit my relatives there I suppose!

Take care!

meggie said...

Hi again LGS.
I have tagged you for a meme. I am no purist about these things, & have lied, & offer it for you to change or ignore, or lie about too!
It is obligation free.
I know you seem to be having a hectic time lately.

Ruth W. said...

It has been an emotional rollercoaster for you Calvin, it will take time to completely heal, but remember you have many blogging friends out there.

Marja said...

Congratiolations LGS you deserve it. Meggie is a good choice. She is a great writer and is a kiwi!

Lorraine said...

Hey Lone G.,
I'm so sorry about your dad...I hope you took time for yourself...and congrats on your award! You're fabulous :)

Odat said...

Congrats. and it is well deserved...I always read something fabulous here....Keep up the great work!
Peace

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

claudia,
Thanks again for the cheerful award.

meggie,
My pleasure as it is also my pleasure reading your fabulous posts.

dave,
Relatives down under? Where?

riseoutofme said...

Haven't been able to read your posts recently ... freexing problems ... but all seems t be well now!

Congratulations on your well-deserved award!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

meggie,
I have taken up your meme. See next post.

ruth,
It has been indeed a rollercoaster ride. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

lorraine,
Thanks. I know I should take time for myself but there just hasn't benn the opportunity.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

odat,
Thanks for the kind words.

riseoutofme,
Sorry that you've been having those freezing problems. Don't know why that is.

Janice Thomson said...

You are indeed, Mr. Squirrel, quite fabulous as is your blog. Congratulations!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin