Awww, Best Buds

on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Can everyone say "Awwww."? Isn't the picture cute? Doesn't it just give you that fuzzy feeling? Top Cat was kind enough to honor me with this award but I am sure all of us who have come to enjoy blogging realise that it is about the whole blogging community. Our enjoyment comes from that warm, fuzzy feeling from interacting with everyone we have met from around the world. So I would like to thank all of you bloggers and especially those who have visited this blog and share comments and shared a bit of yourself here.

I must confess that this squirrel is a little surprised to be getting awards from cats and also bird awards lately. Is there something screwy with the world at the moment or is this the first faltering steps to world peace between squirrels, birds and cats? Anyway, thanks again TC.

It falls on me to share this nice award with 5 others. There were no rules with the award so I'll make it up as I go. Most of these are bloggers whom I have greatly enjoyed but I have had no opportunity to give an award to before.

  1. Claudia likes to give an impression of a tough rocker girl but I think she is as sweet as honey and really cares about the people who visit her site. She also cares about bees.
  2. Dave has been a great blogging buddy almost from the very start of my blogging experience and we started almost the same time. He shares some of my weird interests and has his own weird but interesting interests. He's been going through a tough time of late and hasn't been as regular on the blogosphere. So here's hoping to encourage you to share more of your gems with the rest of us.
  3. Medstudentwife and I just really hit it off. Why? She's fun and her blog is fun and friendly and as a major plus, she's from one of my favorite cities in the world.
  4. Jessica may well be the very first friend that I made through blogging. Her comments were so nice to get in those early days when the squirrel was shivering and alone in the blogosphere. I also remember that she gave me my first meme. Her posts about her life and family feels like an invitation to a home cook meal and rich hospitality.
  5. Gina is one of my newer friends and visitor to my cyber realm (trying not to use blogosphere again). Her poems are insightful, creative and very often playful. Always brings a smile to my face and not far below the surface is a very emotionally rich person to be discovered and enjoyed.
There are many more I would like to honor but I will wait for other opportunities. There is one more worth of mention. This is nancycle . She is certainly one of my best buddies but she did not make the list because she has been enjoying her real life so much that she is ignoring her computer and the rest of us of late. Well, here's to your happiness but don' forget we miss you around here too.

Squirrel out!

23 comments:

Janice Thomson said...

Awwww that really is adorable Lgs. Do squirrels and cats get along?
Congrats on this award - your blog is a fun one to interact with as well as being informative too.

Open Grove Claudia said...

Congratulations on your win! I love the Global community!

And thank you very much for the cat award. I am truly flattered. And delighted. Thanks!

Gina said...

Gee, thanks, LGS, that was touching. You Warmed the cockles of my heart this chilly morning. Have a great day. :)

Odat said...

yes, I can say awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Those cats must have read your last post and have given up all conflict between them and squirrels.....lol.
Congrats....it's well deserved...
Peace

StayAtHomeKat said...

awwww

Anonymous said...

Hey LGS,

For fun I dressed up my meez to dance around a campfire like yours. Too bad they can be dancing at the same one. :)

Oh yeah, and Congrats on the award, of course!
-P

Jess said...

Thank you, Calvin!
Y'know, I was trying to remember when we first started talking and I can't really place it - it just seems like your friendly face has been around forever!

I'm honored.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that cats, birds and squirrels can set aside their differences and get along.

Ummmm maybe there's a message in there for the humanworld.

Thanks for passing it on and yes it is about community.
tc

Ruth W. said...

truly deserved, your blog is the best LGS, I am fortuned enough to have you as a friend.

Would it not be great for all of us bloggers to meet in person?

heiresschild said...

CONGRATULATIONS LGS ON YOUR AWARD!!!

if squirrels and cats and birds can get along, then humans/people should be able to get along with one another as well. agree? but then this goes back to your last post.

heiresschild said...

i always type my comments, then go back and read the others. i do that purposely so i won't be influenced by anyone's else comments. i see that topcat and i had the same idea/comments pretty much.

StayAtHomeKat said...

heiresschild ... that is exactly what I do too :-)
mainly because I am so eager to speak I guess...

Claire said...

Congrats, LGS! You are one cool dude.

Dave said...

Thanks very much LGS

I have not only learned to really love blogging but I have also learned to enjoy an insight into other people's lives as well. Yours LGS, is definitely one of them!

Take care and thank you!

Jo said...

What a cute picture. Your blog is fun. And the blogging community is a real community, isn't it? I can always hear people's voices when I read their blogs, and each person is such a different individual. I haven't had time lately to visit all of my favorite blogs, and when that happens, I really do miss everyone!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

janice,
I'll try out this squirrel-cat pax but since squirrels have more to lose in the case of a breakdown, I shall be a little wary. Thanks for your kind words.

claudia,
You deserve it, buddy.

gina,
What a nice thing to say. Have a great day too.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

odat,
Do you really think my last post brought about cat-squirrel peace? Perhaps I should read it at the U.N. :)

kat,
ahhh, the first kat that befriended the squirrel.

proxima,
darn, your meez sure has some smooth dance moves ...makes mine look dorky.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

jess,
I learnt a lot from your blog really. It helped me shape how I wanted to do mine. plus learning about memes is so useful when the mind is blank.

TC,
the humans will never learn to settle their differences. That's why after they annihilate themselves, the squirrels will take over. Yes, squirrels. Grey squirrels, of course, not them pesky red squirrels. ;)

ruth,
Wow, most kind words but I am undeserving. It would be nice to meet all our blogger friends.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

sylvia,
Please read my reply to TC. Yes, Grey Squirrels rule! Ummm ,unfortunately racism, pride and hatred will not be vanquished until the day the lion sleeps with the lamb in the new heavens and earth. Even squirrels are susceptible.

claire,
Why, thank you. Is the appropriate response, "You are one Wild Cat"?

dave,
You're welcome. Hope things are settling down and you are able to cope. We miss your wit, wisdom, photos and banter on the blog rounds.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

josie,
you can "hear voices when I read their blogs"? Hmmm. Interesting as Freud would say. I wonder what my voice sounds like to you.

meggie said...

Congratulations on your award LGS!!

MedStudentWife said...

ahhh - thank you LGS.. I am truly honoured. Its lovely to get a "hug" from a friend across the miles :)

And I do agree with Josie :D

nancycle said...

As I sit here, honoured...and yet guilt ridden. ;0)

RLGS - I will always take time to come back to visit you. Even as I write this, guiltily write this, ignoring a list of tasks far too long and far too vast for one woman to accomplish in one day or even 3 months....Almost an inspiration to blog about really....

Your friendship has been supreme.

Thank you. This was REALLY special for me to read. Congratulations, you made my day.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin