Squirrel has the Wisdom of Birds

on Thursday, November 15, 2007

Marje from DUTCHCORNER
gave me and two others a "Wise Bird Award" and said "These bloggers have a lot of very informative beautiful posts. They must be very wise."

Marje, thank you very much for the award. I appreciate it very much......though I imagine it is a rare thing for a squirrel to win a bird award! Haha! A little joke there.

And then, there is this little phrase, "They must be very wise." Oh, I hate to disappoint Marje. So here are a few sayings to prove that I am indeed wise.

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong while a tax is a fine for doing well."

"Brain cells may die but fat cells live forever."

"Relatives are like fish. If they stay too long, they begin to stink."

"Not all lawyers are bad. It's the 99% that give the rest a bad name."

"Remain silent and they may think you are a fool. Open your mouth and they will know for sure."

"the early bird may get the worm but it is the second mouse that successfully gets the cheese from the trap."

"42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot."

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why people appear bright until you hear them speak."

"An optimist believes that this is the best possible world that we could live in. A pessimist fears that this may be true."

"A clear conscience is a sign of a bad memory."

And now, I perform my duty to award this to three others on the basis that a) their blogs are very informative and b) they "appear" to be wise. The Wise Bird Award goes to.........

a) Mago at 63 Mago ( this is the man if you want to learn about literature and history of Europe)

b) Eastcoastdweller at In Search of Isis (one of the most well read bloggers I have met and with a deep understanding of ancient writings ....I am in awe since I have no idea what he's talking about sometimes) and

c) Janice at Pursuance of Truth (cause true wisdom is the pursuance of truth in everything around us and her poems are indeed full of wisdom".

16 comments:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Well, thank you, Lone Grey.

Truthfully, I am not wise. But I am curious.

I try to alternate my reading of dusty old books with a few nights of watching The Simpsons or The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.

StayAtHomeKat said...

great choices, wise bird-LGS! ...always hanging with the birds you are ....and sometimes sharing their, ooops I mean your, seeds with them!

Janice Thomson said...

Congratulations Lgs! I love your posts just for the reason you got this award.
Thank you for also choosing my blog. I was here earlier but got so caught up in reading the blogs of your choice that I forgot to comment here and too much time went by as I had to take the dog out for his walk before it started raining yet again LOL.
At any rate thank you muchly - you are most kind. As I have done in the past I will show it in the sidebar for a bit because of your kindness though I don't actually participate further in these awards and memes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your award lgs!
On your blog you show your readers an interesting part of the world through your eyes - revealing yourself as loving, intelligent, human in its best sense.

To cite a remark that matches my first reaction exactly, when I read my name on your list, let me say: "Ha ... ab ... a.. ba ... ba."
Couldn't express it better.
I thank you for choosing my blog, I will proudly display the award and later come up with three blogs to join the owlish circle.

MedStudentWife said...

YEAY!!!! You !!! Go squirrel go !! :D

Now to check out "EastCoastDweller"

heiresschild said...

CONGRATULATIONS LGS on your award! i enjoyed the proverbs (?) you had listed, and i always enjoyed reading your posts.

heiresschild said...

i meant to say "enjoy" not "enjoyed." i still do enjoy them.

molly said...

Love all your wise saying LGS. maybe you should change your name to Lone Wise Owl.....Many of them had me nodding in agreement and the lawyer one reminded me of a joke [with apologies to the 1%]----How can you tell when a lawyer is lying?----His lips are moving.....

Tai said...

"Remain silent and they may think you are a fool. Open your mouth and they will know for sure."

LOL! And that's all I have to say. :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your wisdom! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, congrats! And of course I fully support your choice in giving Mago one, I will have to take a peek at your other receipients when I can.

Take Care!
-P

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

ecd,
Those who know they are not wise are wiser than those who think they are. I know it sounds like a chinese fortune cookie phrase but it may be true.

kat,
I am generous. There is enough seeds for everyone! :)

janice,
You deserve the award and recognition whether or not you participate in memes or awards. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

mago,
Likewise, you are sharing a part of this wonderful world that I know very little about. If I had the time, I would love to spend time understudying with you when you do one of your church registry searches. Problem is, I probably need to learn German first!

msw,
Thanks. Hope you enjoy ecd and check out also his other blog on women, for women and by women + a couple of mascots.

Sylvia,
What is a little bit of grammatical slips between friends?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Molly,
I am loaded with lawyer jokes. You really don't want me to get started. :)

tai,
I am actually a very quiet person in the flesh cause I really think there's wisdom in that particular saying.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

claudia,
And thanks also for sharing yours. I do enjoy your posts very much.

proxima,
mago is rather special and thanks cause you kind of introduced us. You are special too in a more spiritual way.

meggie said...

Congratulations for your award!! Well deserved.


Thankyou for your kind words for me.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin