15th Anniversary

on Tuesday, January 08, 2008



from our first year of marriage (LGS)


YOU HAVE BEEN FOR ME....
(a poem by LGS to his beloved)

To think that there is someone special for each of us
Somewhere in this world, sometime in this life
Seems illogical to the mind, yet was our experience
You surely are that special one for me, dear wife.

From the beginning you intuitively knew all this,
But I was ensnared by fear of closeness and heartache
Yet your love gave me the courage to take the risk
To entrust to you my heart for to nurture or break

And now many long years have come and gone
Fifteen times the passing of the earth around the sun
Through all that time, our love’s kept growing strong
As we faced life’s challenges and problems as one

You have been for me, the eyes for my heart
Through you I have seen beauty and compassion
Witnessed love burning bright against the dark
Allowing me freedom to experience life’s passions.

You have been for me, ears that listen to my soul
My loftiest dreams, deepest thoughts and rawest feelings
You have been for me, hands that help, soothe, uphold
Hands held in prayer or clapping, cheering, encouraging.

You have been for me, the bosom to rest my head,
Warm, inviting, my source of calm and peace
My sanctuary from a world of turmoil and dread
Where love’s magic restores my heart to bliss.

You have been for me, my all in all, my everything,
And I thank God for these fifteen years as one united
For every precious moment, cherished memory and blessing
And for many more yet to come ‘til life’s journey’s ended.

19 comments:

Dave said...

WOW.... LGS!

This one is definitely from the heart! Anyone who reads this will feel your sincerity...especially your wife. I do believe that she and you are both very fortunate to be in each other's arms.

Congratulations!!!

Janice Thomson said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!
An endearing, loving and beautifully written poem from the heart. It is so wonderful to read about such a happy and lasting relationship.
Have a great day!

Open Grove Claudia said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so delighted you found each other. I apologize, but I don't remember how long you have been together - I'm certain it has flown quickly.

Hurray for love!

Odat said...

What a beautiful poem! Happy Anniversary!
Peac

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina said...

That is the most beautiful and endearing expression of Love from a man to a woman, a husband to a wife which I have EVER read. So rich with meaning and not at all corny or trite. To esteem your wife and put it in writing this way is really nice, sort of reminds me of the man who gave a thousand cows for the dowry, when the average was just a couple. That's a precious gift aas your wife must me. Thanks and Happy Anniversary!

MedStudentWife said...

Beautiful LSG :)

Happy Anniversary to you & to Mrs LSG - I hope the next 15 are filled with as much love & joy as the the last.

blackcrag said...

Happy anniversary, LS and Squirrel-wife! And may many more follow.

Claire said...

If your wife isn't the luckiest woman on the planet, I don't know who else could be.
Congrats Mr. and Mrs. LGS, may you be forever blessed!

adelym said...

I know I am late by a day. Happy Anniversary to both of you.
Your niece adelym

robkroese said...

Happy anniversary!

molly said...

You're not a squirrel at all! You're a silver-tongued fox! But it rings so true and sincere---your wife is a lucky lady. I hope your anniversary was memorable. Good luck for the next fifteen.....

Leslie: said...

Oh to have a man that would write a poem like this for me! I envy your wife but in a good way. You and she sound like a couple made in heaven. Happy Anniversary and may the Lord bless the years to come.

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary. You and your wife are so incredibly lucky to have found each other.

squirrelmama said...

Happy happy anniversary LGS, to you and your lucky Mrs. LGS. It is good you are the "LONE" grey squirrel but not "ALONE" grey squirrel. :-)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Dear friends,
Thank you all for your wonderful comments and best wishes. I do feel that I have been incredibly blessed and wanted to share that with all of you. Thank you again.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

What a beautiful poem!

Congratulations to both of you and many, many more years of happiness together.

Your wife is a beautiful lady, Calvin.

meggie said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin