A Lifetime in Six Words

on Thursday, May 01, 2008

Open Grove Claudia likes to drag me out on a limb (which seems to be one of her favorite places) and leave me dangling, exposed for the blogging community to see. This time she has tagged me to do a six word memoir. After spending three sleepless nights thinking about this, I finally came out with "Not Capable of Writing Short Sentences". As you can see Houston (and Denver), we have a problem.

Nevertheless, in the spirit of things, I deprived myself of sleep for yet another night to come up with the following six word gems. I decided to address separately, my three aspects of being which is the body, spirit and soul. (Alert readers will probably realise already that this means I get to use 18 words). Oooookay, here goes.

Body: - This one is easy. Easy but kind of sad.
"Photos prove I was skinny once."

Soul:- I understand this to mean my eternal, indestructible soul.
"Undeserving Sinner Saved by God's Grace."

Spirit:- I take this to mean my being, character and unique personality.
"Trying to live life beyond ordinary."

I almost forgot my alter ego;
"Shy Squirrel finds voice in blogosphere."

Thanks for reading (readers who are still awake would have realised that I sneaked in another 6 words). Now it is time to tag six others.

Dave (Bang on My Drum), Dr. John (Dr. John's Fortress), Gina (I, G-Clair), Claire (Notes from a Wildcats Fan), Proxima (The Echo Tree) and the thinker (Theory of Thought) should you choose to accept this mission, please link back to this post and also let me know that you have done the dastardly deed. Thanking you in advance.

18 comments:

geewits said...

It's interesting that this one freaked you out. I thought this was the easiest meme of them all. I did mine on 03/02/08. It was:
I know how to have fun.

(you should check it out for the pictures of me in my Cat in The Hat costume.)

the walking man said...

Squirrel
Did stage fright bring you down?
You seem to have overcome it!
Covered Body, Soul and, Spirit;tremendous.

It's wonderful day on your limb.

Very,very,very,very much Peace

mark

Dr.John said...

Good people never
tag other people.

No more peanuts
for you squirrel.

This could be
fun after all!

Odat said...

Wow,wow,wow,wow,wow,wow.
What a beautiful job!!!!
Good to see you back!
Peace

Anonymous said...

YES!! These are delicious! Well done Squirrelly!! Whoo hoo!! :)

Claire said...

I'm on it Squirrel, but since I'm a minimalist I will stick to just six words!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Squirrel is very good with words.

A unique voice in the blogosphere.

A visit here is always special.

Thank you for not tagging me.

Marja said...

Dear LGS you did a really great job. You captured that wisely in 6 words.

jmb said...

You had me laughing out loud here LGS.

They are all excellent and tell us a lot about you.

Shy Squirrel finds voice in blogosphere.

I don't believe this one but if it's true you have indeed found a wonderful voice.

Ruth L.~ said...

Introspection is good for the soul. :>)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

geewits,
I am cursed with being long-winded. I remember starting a short story once but gave up after the first scene took up 20 pages. Therefore 6 words is a tough assignment.

Mark,
Thanks. Talking or writing is a minor challenge to me but keeping it short is a enormous challenge.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

dr. john,
Thanks for humoring me and playing.

claudia,
As always, thanks for stretching me.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

odat,
My back's back in action and so I'm back.

claire,
Now you see, your six words speak volumes.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

ecd,
Thanks friend. Shall I tag you next time?

marja,
Thanks.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

jmb,
Thanks for the kind words.

ruth-d,
Achieving "honest" introspection is difficult.

Gerbil said...

Glad you're feeling better!

tsduff said...

You were brave to post your meme - and even braver to tag Dr. John ha ha ha. But it made for some great reading :) Loved it all.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

gerbil,
Thanks, I am much better.

tsduff,
This squirrel is lucky to still be alive.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin