Blinded by the Brilliance

on Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recently, VioletSky got her first blog award and she was kind enough to share it with seven others including moi. Well, okay it was a full week ago and I am only just acknowledging it. My excuse? Well, between being blinded and mesmerised by the award and my long shifts at the nut mines, time has just whizzed past. Yes, I was blinded by the brilliance and mesmerised by the pretty colours of the "Brillante Weblog Premio -2008" Award.

This award came with only one instruction; pass it on to seven others. Wow, that's a lot. That is more than the digits on one grubby paw. I have decided to make up all the rest of the rules.

And so, the Brillante Weblog Premio- 2008 goes to............

  1. Terry's Timeout for Brilliance in Visual Excellence (i.e. visually wonderful experience).
  2. Odat's Mumblings for Brilliance in living life with joy or in her own words, "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
  3. Notes from a WildCat Fan for Brilliance with children, her own and others.
  4. Doing the Best with What I have for Brilliance in spirit and soul, for integrity under stress and for the bravery to go white-water rafting and the audacity to not just survive but enjoy it!
  5. Grey and Red, A Squirrel Journal for Brilliance in the service of squirrels. How could she not get this award!
  6. Dr. John's Fortress for Brilliance in spirit and the willingness to share the wisdom of the wise with the rest of us.
  7. The Thoughts and Sayings of Baba Doodlius for Brilliance in living in an alternate universe and explaining the "truths" about Life to all of us.
There! I have done my duty. Though there are so many more worthy of recognition, I am sure there will be a next time. For now, I am crash on my stash of nuts and catch some Zeee's.

15 comments:

Odat said...

You're the sweetest squirrel I know!!! Thank you! I will wear it proudly.....and congrats to the others!!! :-)

Peace

Ruth W. said...

WOW, thank you so much, never received one before. You are sweet!!
thanks Calvin

Dr.John said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
If only I was wise enough to know what to say at a time like this.

squirrelmama said...

LGS, I am honored, humbled, gratified and yes, even surprised. I know from my work as a rehabilitator how tough Squirrels can be to please and so your declaration of worthiness for my modest blog has much meaning. TO BE HONORED BY A SQUIRREL is to know that LIFE IS GOOD!
Thank you SO much!

Claire said...

How cool is that? My first award ever! Thanks Squirrel, you're the best.
(Now I've got to go check the other award winners, PDQ!)

lili said...

hi
this is leila, i'm leaving in malaysia.i want to know what knid of Squirrel live in malaysia ( red, grey,..)
thx

tsduff said...

All the Squirrels in my yard are doing flips and jumping for joy (in addition to their usual antics) in celebration of the award you kindly bestowed on Terry's Timeout. I stand in the company of "greats" to whom I humbly defer! Thanks for your notice, inspiration and encouragement :)

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anyone who deserves a blog award more than you! Congratulations! Whoo hoo! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Squirrel! Hop ehtis makes up for soem of the workload you have been expereincing lately!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

odat,
I don't always leave a comment but I do visit your blog almost daily. But it is the brilliance of the blog-owner that shines through.

ruth,
You deserve it for the way you are taking charge of your life right now

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

dr. john,
you are an inspiration. Thank you for your steady Christian testimony too.

squirrelmama,
It would be just irresponsible not to from one squirrel enthusiast to another, thank you.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

claire,
Your first? Surely not. Anyway, you deserve recognition for what you do.

lili,
Neither Grey or red squirrels are found in Malaysia. However, there are many other species from the small shrew like species often found in city parks to the huge, Giant Squirrels in the jungle. Thanks for coming by and I hope you will again.

Jay said...

My sincere congratulations, sir.

MedStudentWife said...

Zeeeez well LGS.... me thinks you are very tired... so get the rest you can :)

tsduff said...

ps - I'm slow, but steady, so I will get around to acknowledging my neat award someday :) Thanks again, O Great Lone Grey Squirrel :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin