Jedi Squirrel

on Sunday, September 07, 2008

Has it been two weeks? I am so sorry. I meant to put this up earlier but it has been a hectic two weeks. However, I really appreciated it when my friend the Urban Animal gave me this "Kick Ass Blogger" award, coming as it did around the time of the big showdown in my own life. It was indeed a very good and welcome encouragement. I like this award. It makes small tree rodent mammals feel big.


Here are the rules (because there are always rules):

* Choose 5 bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
* Let ‘em know in your post or via email, twitter or blog comments that they’ve received an award
* Share the love and link back to both the person who awarded you and back to Mamma Dawg
* Hop on back to the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky then pass it on!

Okay for my 5 "Kick Ass Blogger" Inductees (which urban animal would have been one if she hadn't already got the award).

  1. A Little Off Kilter. A single parent building a happy home for her kids and herself. She's come a long way and with much grace in the last year. A kick ass inspiration for us all wrapped up with a blog of wonderfully eclectic content and great pictures.
  2. Trying to Fill the Unforgiving Minute. She's scared of squirrels (can you believe that?!?!), amongst other things but she doesn't let them small matters interfere with her living a sparkling, giving and humor filled life. Another kick ass inspiration with interesting posts on her blog.
  3. The Walking Man. If I met Mark in person, I think I would be definitely intimidated by this man who has seen and done so much with his life, both good and not so good. Such a full experience of life is wonderfully captured in his poems and reflected in the character of the man who has also bravely endured much physical pain over the years. I think he deserves to be called a kick ass salt of the earth character.
  4. Odat's Mumblings. Odat's taking a break from blogging but like many of her readers, I hope she'll be back soon cause there is no denying her inspirational character and her kick ass blog.
  5. A Majority of Two. One blogger, in my opinion, has maintained an incredibly kick ass blog from the days of my first forays into bloggerworld till now and so I'll have her end this list. One of the most personable and humble persons with the most interesting things to say in what she calls "her boring little blog". Well, it's her boring little kick ass blog really!

Well, many thanks for the award again. Here's the best kick ass squirrel picture I could find.

15 comments:

geewits said...

Oh, I love that photo! Thanks for the award. I will try to live up to it.

Dr.John said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve it.

Janice Thomson said...

Well congrats - you definitely have a kick-ass blog!!

Jo said...

LGS, you definitely have a kick ass blog. No question. And thank you for passing the award on to me. It's an honor coming from you!

Love those crazy squirrels!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, Squirrel, and thank you so much. I am looking forward to checking out the others (Well, I already know Odat, and I miss her, too) on your list. Love the light-sabering squirrels.

Anonymous said...

Hey squirrel person -- nice to meet you 'cause I see some of my blogger friends here. I arrived here because you inadvertantly linked my blog to the "person who awared you" phrase. It's okay by me because it's fun to find a new kick-ass blogger.

Claire said...

That's an adorable photo. I definitely think you have a kick-ass blog. The squirrels around here are very busy fattening up for our rather mild winter.

the walking man said...

Oyez brother, intimidation be my middle name. ha ha ha ha...all I can say is life is for living eh? I suppose it is the most wonderful thing that we all conceive living as something different.

Thank you so much, not for the award, but just that one like yourself even bothers to come and see my form of life.

The world would be a worse place without people like you and Jo and geewits in it. And that is the reward and award of my life.

thank you.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

geewits,
Glad you like the photo. You deserve the award for being a Kick ass person....and I mean that in a good way!

dr. john,
Thanks. I have my doubts but I'll take it anyway. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

janice,
Thanks. You are always so kind with your words.

jo,
My privilege to be allowed to read your blog.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

cz,
I mean every word. You are one kick ass blogger with a kick ass blog. May the force be with you.

claire,
Many thanks. I fear, I am fattening up too. Diet isn't working! :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Xup,
What a pleasure to meet you. Your url is very similar to what someone else's use to be! Hope you will not be a stranger.

Mark,
Thanks for your humble and generous words but I am totally selfish in coming to your blog cause I am learning a lot from it.

Anonymous said...

Great choices for awards!! YAY!! I'm sorry to hear that your weeks have been a challenge. It seems like there's a lot of that going around. We need a good solid winter to get our blogging back in gear! ;)

((hug))

tsduff said...

That is the best picture of squirrels I have ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for the award.
I hear that it can be difficult to blog, sometimes.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin