We Now Return You to the Scheduled Static

on Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear Friends,

"We now return you to the scheduled static." is my way of saying that I need to take a break from blogging for about 2-3 weeks. There is just too many competing matters in my life right now and I need the time to deal with them.

I will still be around and will visit your blogs when I can. I hope to come back with fresh ideas for this blog too.

Now that is the mundane explanation for my coming absence but here in the Realm of the Lone Grey Squirrel, we try to banish the mundane. Therefore, the official press statement from the Realm is as follows........

"THE PEASANTS ARE REVOLTING!" There are unconfirmed reports from the Realm of the Lone Grey Squirrel that the unwashed masses are dissatisfied with the on-going nut credit crisis brought about by exposure to the U.S. Sub-prime crisis. Unlike the U.S. which is able to conjure and print up a batch of 700 billion dollars to help with the crisis, nuts only grow on trees and it will take a lot of squirrels many, many days to collect that many nuts.

When told that the peasants are revolting, the High Lord All Exalted King of the Realm replied, "They are indeed". When asked what he would do to address the situation, his Highness replied, "Giving them all a bath would be a good first step...........Oh, you mean the nut crisis! I am afraid that I will have to stop blogging for 2-3 weeks to marshal our nut harvesting efforts.

And so, farewwll and see you all at the other end of the three weeks.


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

'til later, your highness!
:)

the walking man said...

NO FEAR...see ya on the flip side in a few.

blackcrag said...

I find the peasants are revolting too. But they aren't as 'alf as bad as them that's in charge of 'em.

Viva el nuttso revolution!

when you come back, you'll have to let us know who won, the squirrel gorillas, or the incumbent fat-tails.

Dr.John said...

The three weeks will go by so slowly. We will miss you .

MedStudentWife said...

I will ensure that the squirrels here do their bit (and take a bath) while you are away.

See you when you get back your squirrelyness :)

Joyce's Ramblings said...

See you after 3 weeks of revolt. Squirrel Power victorius.

Adele said...

peasants have always been revolting, that's why they keep them outside the castle walls.
C you later.

Baba Doodlius said...

Keep your paws off my nuts!

See you when you get back, Mr. Squirrel!

Jo said...

LGS, Nooooo! Just when I have time to come and visit you, you're not here!

Come back! Come back!

See you in three weeks. :-)

Jess said...

Found you a funny with a cousin of yours, LGS!

http://tinyurl.com/4fx83r

Margaret said...

We'll miss ya. Being it's autumn here - what a better time than now for some nut collecting.

Our huge live oak tree out front will be dropping acorns here shortly. I'll bag you up a few.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Noooh, not another great blogger going on hiatus! Is it something in the water? You'd better not stay gone for long, Lone Grey, or I'm confiscating your nut collection!

Anonymous said...

Well, take care of yourself and hurry back!

Anonymous said...

You're gathering nuts for the upcoming freeze, aren't you??

heiresschild said...

hi LGS, definitely understand about the break. i haven't been blogging as much the past few months because of so much going on in my life. i hope you have a nice rest and get everything accomplished that you need to.

Open Grove Claudia said...

((hug))

I haven't been around reading blogs with too much chaos in my life. I hope you're all right. I am just getting back to blogging - maybe you will too?

Margaret said...

Missing you. Reading about the news over on your piece of this big acorn. Hope you and yours are all okay.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I've been quite remiss lately about both visiting and writing, but hope you are well.

Enjoy your time off gathering nuts. We nutcases will await your return, more or less patiently, and count the days.

Jocelyn said...

I've been missing you already, but I shall now miss you even more.

I hope all is well. It seems that many of my long-term favorite bloggers are currently taking a break, for whatever reason. I wonder what this says about blogging!

Anonymous said...

Hello Squirrel!

We'll just play tag.

Tag! You're it

Prx :>

meggie said...

We await your return!

.Tom Kapanka said...

Sometimes you just need to get away for a while. I know what you mean. Take your time.

geewits said...

I'm no math wizard, but I think your three weeks are up. Where art thou, Squirreleo?

heiresschild said...

time should just about be up, eh?

tsduff said...

Okay, 3 weeks just blew by... are you there? :D

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin