A Wasted Education

on Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I was doing my doctorate studies round about the time the two inventors of Google were also in University. I have often regretted that I wasted my time studying and suffering for exams when I should have followed their example and used the time to hone my computer skills by playing computer games. If I have done that, today I might be a famous and rich like them.

But this new discovery that I could have had fun with squirrels and still have gotten a degree is almost too much to bear. I would have been perfect for the job. Alas, I did not see it in any graduate school prospectus. Perhaps the world was not yet ready for such groundbreaking studies then. If you want to know more about this sad discovery, follow the link below.

"You can be a nut on squirrels and still get a degree!"

Thanks Josie for alerting me to this post.

2 comments:

Dave said...

I have often wished I hadn't gone to University but instead got a job and bought as much Microsoft, Yahoo and AOL stock possible. Oh well ... C'est la vie! I suppose there is not point regretting the decisions I have made.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Oh heck Dave,
Forget University, we both should have been BORN rich - that would have been easiest!!!! I jest, of course, the fact that we are communicating by internet probably already makes us in the top 15% of the world's richest people.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin