Eight is Enough with Contradictions.

on Sunday, June 17, 2007

I turned on the computer and .....Blank. My mind, not the computer. Couldn't think about what I wanted to write. Then I realised that I had been tagged by Stock City Girl to do a meme on 8 random facts/habits. I thought to myself..........I can do this. In fact, I'll give you one pre-list fact for free:- I always tend to follow the path of least resistance which is why I am fated to do this meme.

The rules are:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


8 Random Contradictory facts about me.

  1. I like to climb mountains but I am actually scared of heights. It's easy climbing up but I really find it difficult climbing down.
  2. I studied science but have more than a passing interest in the arts. Even while I was at University studying Sciences, I was getting awards for writing and art (cartoons).
  3. I am good at map reading and outdoor orienteering but can get completely lost in a covered carpark or shopping mall. Friends tease me by saying that I need the sun to navigate.
  4. Coffee and tea do not help keep me awake - they have no effect. On the other hand, diet coke will keep me bright eyed and bushy tailed.
  5. People seem to remember me. For example, I can go to a restaurant and not return there again for another three months but when I do, the waiter remembers what I ordered. I on the other hand need to be introduced to someone at least three times before the name sinks in. I have met many people on the street who seem to know me but I can't place them at all.
  6. Perhaps because I grew up with Chinese food, I enjoy Indian food the most.
  7. I am basically an introvert but my work requires me to make public and even TV appearances frequently.
  8. I like comedies and horror genres. Diverse as they may seem, I really enjoy movies or shows that succeed in having both.

That's all folks. I have decided not to tag anyone but if you want to do it, let me know so I can drop in and read about it.

17 comments:

jmb said...

Number 7. You are obviously the expert that radio and TV programs consult to comment on this and that. This is my number 1 random fact. That I want to be that expert. I am very jealous!
Thanks for popping by my site, I see you on Josie's site and have visited here before but not commented.

Evalinn said...

My name is Evalinn.
My name is Evalinn.
My name is Evalinn.

Remember me now ;-)

I´m terrible with names and sometimes with faces too. It´s quite a handicap...

Janice Thomson said...

I'm with you on number 5...I always know a face just not the name that goes with.
Gosh do you think diet coke is good for a squirrel's tummy?? LOL

Open Grove Claudia said...

Diet coke has that asparatame in it - you know arsenic in a biochemical disguise. Maybe that's why it keeps you perky. People in the 1930s used to say that about arsenic.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Interesting and again lots of common ground and similarities between us, especially the names part. I used to be very good with names..
I thought of you this morning in church. We had two guests from Thailand. One was raised in a Buddhist home the other in a tribe called Aka that practiced Animalism. Both became Christians and are now pastors to churches there in Thailand. Their testimonies were amazing and their English was good--not impeccable like yours but understandable with interesting phrases and idioms. Anyway, I thought you would have found their journey to Christianity very interesting.

Leslie: said...

I can really relate to #3 about being good at map reading, etc. I'm always the navigator on a trip but then in the mall I get totally lost!

Cheryl said...

I like reading memes, but don't like doing them.

Check out my latest post. I was thinking about you as I wrote it.

Jo said...

LGS, you must have liked the "Scary Movie" franchises. They were scary, and really, really funny.

I never get lost. I have an interior compass. It's bizarre. My daughter and I once drove to Calgary to spend Christmas with my niece. I managed to get us there, just by landmarks. We didn't get lost once. I've read somewhere that women have that talent more than men do. Weird.

Josie

thethinker said...

I can definitely relate to number 5. I can't attach names to faces until I know someone for a really long period of time. It's kind of frustrating.

Jay said...

Hah - need the sun to navigate. :)

geewits said...

I'm the same on #3 and #5. If you haven't seen "Shaun of the Dead" you should. I think it will have everything you like.

Lorraine said...

Very interesting Lone G. People who know me know better than to tag me for anything ;)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

jmb,
I always thought that everybody loves to hate that expert. "What does he know! Saying the bl**dy obvious! Pro-government! Anti-government!" etc. I too have been by your site but seldom commented.

Evalinn,
I now know your name but ....aha, still not your face! Hmmm. Your move.

janice
Ah, we of the #5 Brotherhood. I am fairly sure Diet Coke is NOT good for my tummy although Classic Coke is WORSE!

claudia,
I know about aspartame but not it's link with arsenic. Are you sure? I always suspected I was poisoning myself! Hah! Now when someone says to me (no one has said it yet but I live in hope), "Name your poison". I can reply "Diet Coke with aspartame". LoL.

Tom,
Thanks for thinking of me. The church is facing a lot of problems of late in Malaysia and Indonesia. I plan to blog about this soetime after I have done more research.

Leslie,
We should meet to discuss this handicap but not in a mall or we will never find each other! What a strange handicap!

Cheryl,
Ummmm, am I supposed to be flattered that you have been thinking of ways to get RID of squirrels?

By the way, that would make a good dialogue in a suspense story. "I Have been thinking of you. I have been thinking of little else.....I can't eat or sleep. I have been thinking of how to get rid of you. Mwahhahahaha!" Watcha think!

Josie,
I've watched all the Scary Movie series and yes, I enjoyed them but they are way over the top and aren't really that scary. I prefer something like American Werewolf in London. Definately scary but for black humor, the hero is always seeing the decomposing body of his friend who keeps advising him to kill himself before he turns into a werewolf. Each time we see the friend, more of him is dropping off. Funny but macrabe. In Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie), a teenager fights to keep his best friend, now turned vampire, from entering his flat. It is a scary and spooky scene but the dialogue is entirely funny as the vampire tries to talk his friend into joining him for hijinks into eternity. Fright Night is pretty good in this genre too.

Thinker,
Join our #5 Brotherhood. We never forget a face only where we've seen it before and who it belongs to.

Jay,
Yeah. Solar powered as it were.

geewits,
Absolutely. Shaun of the Dead is hilarious. I like the way Shaun doesn't realise that anything is amiss cause Zombie London is as interactive as normal London! I think underplayed humor works better for horror movies. Another scene I like in this format is the scene of Frankenstein and the helpless blind old man in Young Frankenstein. You think that the old man is dead meat but through his clumsiness, he ends up scalding Frankenstein and setting his hand on fire! Hilarious.

Lorraine
I have long suspected that you belong to the "UnTaggables". LoL.

Evalinn said...

LGS - u know my face well enough, squirrel :-)

meggie said...

Noone ever remembers my face.
I too, love black humour. Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favourites.

Lorraine said...

Cute and Smart :)

CS said...

I once climbed to the top of one of those Mayan pyramids in mexico with no problem - until I turned around to look back down! I made my way back to earth one step at a time on my rear.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin