Eureka! I've Got It!

on Thursday, June 14, 2007

Eureka! I have finally made the discovery that will win me my Nobel Prize in Science to add to the one I got for "Partying". At last, I will agin recognition as a mad scientist. Mwahahahaha!

I wish to thank all my boring science teachers and the one good one! Most of all, I must thank Josie. As with all great advances of Science, it was 1% coincidence, 2% stolen idea and 97% inspiration. I was reading Josie's latest post in which she refered to the indisputable physical law of the fallen buttered bread; which is that a buttered bread always falls with the butter side down - also known as the "butterfingers go starving law".

I know it was just a matter of time before Josie stumbled on the relationship between this and another obscure biological principle but I got there first! Mwahahaha! ......And the credit is all mine.

By the clever application of the "butterfingers go starving law" and the biological principle that cats always land feet first when dropped, I have invented the perpetual motion machine. This could be the end of all the worlds energy needs and all we would need is several million cats and slices of buttered bread. Please observe the demonstration below. After which I am sure you will want to invest in the company I am setting up to develop and market this miracle product. Please send cheques, cats or slices of buttered bread to Slippery Squirrel Enterprises, c/o Florida Swamp Developers Ltd., Timbuktu.

Click on photo to get full effect.
Originally swiped from http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/8/8b/Cat_toast_swirl.gif

10 comments:

Evalinn said...

Awesome! Such brilliance! I´ll run over to the Nobel Committé right away...they need not search any more for this years candidates!

CS said...

I love this invention - I bet it could have perpetual motion applications as well. I saw a slow-motion film one time that showed how cats do a two-part turn to right themselves as they fall.

Jo said...

Omigosh, I love it. Well, buttered toast always tastes better with a little cat hair attached, don't you think?

And you may possibly have just saved the world...! Brilliant!

Josie

Lorraine said...

well, what a coincidence I love cats and butter on my toast...

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

evalinn,
Thank you. thank you. thank you. Do you know where to get the cats? I'll bring the bread.

cs
I've seen that too and don't the cats have an attitude of superiority when they do it? As if they are saying, "I'd like to see you do that you clumsy bipedal."

josie,
Buttered toast with cat hair? Hmmm. Let me recommend peanut butter....goes much better with buttered toast! I wonder if saving the world really could be so simple......!

Lorraine,
Did you really mean to say "I love cats and butter on my toast" or "I love cats and I also love butter on my toast."? Cause, the first option, makes me a little queasy.

Janice Thomson said...

Dear God! I laughed so hard when I saw this Lgs... how priceless and witty!
I'm fresh out of bread...will you accept a few nuts in favor of a membership??

Open Grove Claudia said...

I think it will work. Shall we arrange an extended stay in Oslo?

StayAtHomeKat said...

lol kat abuse?

Lorraine said...

LOL you got me there Lone Grey...talk about a run-on sentence!!! good cath!

nancycle said...

This explains everything.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin