Bumper Crop

on Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dear Blogging friends,

Your generosity and kindness is quite overwhelming and I thank you for these awards that you have bestowed on me within this month.........

First of all, I got the blame for Claudia's obsession with ice cream this summer. I would have been bummed but it came with this rather innovative award which is a license to spread the blame to others! Mwahahaha!

Next, I was awarded this by one of the nicest persons herself, Stock City Girl.

Finally, my good friend, Mrs. Wolfe says that I make her smile. Awwwww. What a nice thing to say.
Now I think you can understand that this has given me a really, REALLY, BIG Headache! Somehow, I have to blame people but to do it in a nice way so that I don't tarnish the "Nice Matters Awards" and make them smile while they are getting lambasted.

Okay, let's see. I have to accuse and blame people for things but in a nice way and leave them smiling. According to the rules, I have to blame 6 people, be nice to 7 and keep 4 smiling.

Aaaarghgghghhghghghghh! (Squirrel going nuts! Unlike "squirrel going for nuts", "squirrel going nuts" is not a good thing). Can you see the impossible dilemma that I am faced with? I suspect that climbing Mount Everest nekkid while reciting the value of Pi and discovering Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction hidden there would be an easier task.

So unless you want to see me foam at the mouth (Rabid squirrel), I plead with you to allow me to quietly just keep the awards with thanks and to blame all of you for being way too nice and for bringing smiles to my face when this squirrel is in the blues.

I will, however, blame Evalinn, Claudia and Becky for putting me in this dilemma in the first place. Thank you ladies.

14 comments:

thethinker said...

Congratulations on all of the awards! They are all well deserved.

meggie said...

Congratulations LGS!
I sure do enjoy reading your posts!

heiresschild said...

aaaaah, LGS, i wanted to see you foaming at the mouth. just joking, of course. congratulations on awards well deserved. enjoy the rest of your weekend!

molly said...

Your dilemma made me remember the definition of a diplomat that I read somewhere recently. "A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip...."

geewits said...

Awards are sweet, but I don't really know enough people to pass them on so I don't display them on my blog (although I did have the "Thoughtful Blogger" on there for a bit). You deseve many awards for your thought provoking and interesting posts. I'm glad I found you!

I should make a nice graphic for "Glad I found you!" and give that to you.

Becky Wolfe said...

wahahahaha *evil laugh* I sense the squirrels fur spiking up in all directions due to his overwhelm. Congrats on all the awards!

Jo said...

LGS, you deserve every award, and more!

The other day as I was walking home from work, I saw a lone grey squirrel at the base of a Maple tree. We had an actual conversation. I said to him, "Hello, how are you?" and he looked directly at me with his little bright eyes and didn't run away, but chattered back. We stood there chattering with each other for a good three or four minutes. It was a surreal experience, connecting like that with another living creature, with no fear, but just some sort of cosmic understanding of each other. He allowed me to get very close, and he was as curious about me as I was about him. It was wonderful.

Afterwards I thought, "I must tell LGS about this". I thought about you the whole time the lone grey squirrel and I were "conversing".

Cheers,
Josie

Open Grove Claudia said...

HOW IS IT MY FAULT???? (she weeps)

;)

I love your dilemma - you are so kind as to not just create a new award. That's what I would do....

Cheryl said...

Nice Autumn palette and new picture. You sure have a hearty wave.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

thethinker,
Thanks. I accept the blame as well as the good ones! :)

meggie,
And I enjoy reading your posts. You have met so many interesting ordinary folk and you bring them alive in your stories. I really enjoy reading about them far more than about celebrities.

sylvia,
Thanks. I did enjoy my weekend.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

molly,
your definition of a diplomat would fit my travel agent too! :)

geewits,
You put the finger on the problem. There are too many awards but I too know too few bloggers.....and most of them are already recognized for some award or other. Anyway, its too much thinking for a squirrel with the brain the size of a walnut. I am just glad I started blogging and found all you guys and gals.

becky,
Yes, I am definately having a bad hair day. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

josie,
I am glad you had that magic connection with that squirrel. What fun.

claudia,
"create a new award?" Hmmmm. Now that's an idea. I wonder what hasn't been covered. Most Missing in Action Award? "Best Rants"? Hmmmm. Gotta give this some thought.

cheryl,
Thanks for noticing the changes. I know the avatar looks frighteningly like it has just had twenty cups of caffiene enriched coffee but I couldn't find the "wave royally like the Queen" option. :)

Evalinn said...

U´re welcome LGS, and I know u will manage just fine :-D

Anonymous said...

It must be the furry tail that all the chicks adore. Ha,ha,ha

Congratulations on it all! I think the bottom line here is: You're swell!

-P

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin