Where have all the Blog Men gone?

on Sunday, July 08, 2007


I am a blogger and I am male which at least qualifies me for "dude blogger" (unless there are further qualifications to being a dude). But anyway, thanks to Top Cat, I have been given this award that allows me to add "awesome" in front of "dude blogger".

To be honest, the most awesome thing about being a dude blogger is that there aren't many of us. Honestly, where are all the guys in the blogosphere. Not that I am complaining but the female to male ratio in the blogs are a little embarassing. It's therefore not surprising that Top Cat had trouble coming up with 5 names to nominate. I too have that problem. From my small list of male bloggers, most have already got the award or are off taking a short break during summer. So I am not going to try to nominate anyone. But Top Cat thanks, you are one rockin' and shakin' cat.

9 comments:

Evalinn said...

Congratulations LSG, I am not surprised you have won this prize! :-)

meggie said...

Congratulations! I wonder why there are not more male bloggers,
Yours is a wonderful interesting blog.

Janice Thomson said...

Congrats Lgs - you really are one awesome dude blogger!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I think your pretty awesome!
-P

Lorraine said...

Inever vote lg because each blogger has something special to offer and there are too many I admire, but I'm very happy for you LOL

ps check my new blog, while we're at it :) http://myweirdstorel.blogspot.com/

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

evalinn,
Thanks but Toppen Katten didn't have many to chose from. It's like taking part in a lottery which had sold only three tickets!

meggie,
It was my wife who first introduced me to blogs and that first time, I couldn't understand the attraction of it. Perhaps guys are too busy with computer games to give it a try. If they did, perhaps more will be hooked.

janice,
You say the nicest of things.

proxima,
ooo. I am humbled.

lorraine,
You're right but squirrels like to collect shiny objects!!!! :)

On the way to your new blog now.

Evalinn said...

LSG - I think he had some to choose from, and even if he'd had more, I'm sure u would've won!

molly said...

Way to go Dude!

Anonymous said...

All the guys are on my blogroll..including the Squirrel!
I have some very good writers listed.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin