50,000 Nutters Have Come This Way

on Monday, April 13, 2009

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the new look "Realm of the Lone Grey Squirrel". I took your advice (Geewits and Molly) about not using dark backgrounds but went for a template that I had not shown you guys earlier. I hope you like it. I struggled to get this new template done and I appreciated the advice from Janice and Jessica which were helpful. In the end, I gave up trying to transport all my widgets directly but re-built them after the transfer.

Anyway, here we are with the new look and just in time to commemorate the visitors' counter pass the 50,000 mark. I thought I would take this opportunity to reflect on what has been of interest to the visitors to this humble blog and also what I have enjoyed posting during this period.

TOP 5 (Comments)
Here are the 5 most popular posts of all time as determined by amount of comments solicited.

1. Half Mast, Half Post, Full Life (post about my dad after his passing away)
2. Bears Just Want to Have Fun ( one of a series of posts about animals but has an amazing video about polar bears and dogs)
3. Born Buddhist (my story about why I became a Christian)
4. Squirrel's Secret Spot 12: Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian (one of my Secret Spot series)
5. 300th Post (strangely, it was the post celebrating my 300th post milestone)


TOP 5 (Popular)
Here are the 5 most popular posts as determined by number of visits by the last 500 visitors.

1. Singapore Girl in Blue (ah, my ever popular photos of these popular girls)
2. Tag 5 ( a meme but they come to see my celebrity crushes)
3. My Ass Hurts (seems people like to read about my misfortunes or is it that they like my chocolate bunnies)
4. World Food Spot 8: Belgian Beer (ah, glad to share with fellow beer lovers)
5. Crucifixion I ( a post on Easter and the passion of Christ)

This blog is quite eclectic and represents a very chaotic and wandering mind. However, the top 5 topics or themes are humor, about people, about self, Malaysia and culture. Here just to highlight some of the posts from these themes, are either the most popular posts or my favorite post from within these themes.

HUMOR
1. Working, Working, Working
2. Advice From Dr. Love

PEOPLE
1. Odd One Out
2. Fathers and Daughters

SELF
1. Hippy Sick
2. Theme Songs II: From My Middle Ages

MALAYSIA
1. Have Gourd Will Travel
2. Field Report on Manglish

CULTURE
1. Theory of Relativity ......Explained
2. Secret Squirrel Spot No: 6 (Canals of England and Wales)

Thank you for joining my celebration of the 50,000th visitor. Just for fun, here is my own all time favorite video that I have posted so far.



Lip Dub - Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger from amandalynferri on Vimeo.

20 comments:

Sally's World said...

wow, thats alot of info, the layout is great, very classy, i've started workign through the list of blogs, i'll be here for a while, so far, its great,sal x

Janice Thomson said...

Hey cool template Lgs. Congrats on 50,000 visitors - that's a lot.
Like how you've put up stats for us to browse through.

VioletSky said...

Ah, in your squirrel world, the sky is always blue and the grass is always green.

Very crisp and clean. Nice choice. (though am just a little, tiny bit disappointed to not be seeing The Green Light - I'll get over it.)

Cheryl said...

I love the new look of your blog. Very clean and easy to read. Maybe it's time for me to change too?

Sincerity said...

Ooh, Aaah, preetty! :)

A moment earlier I just realized that I'm an honorary squirrel!

*does a little dance*

jmb said...

Congratulations LGS. I like the new look and it is very true that this is an eclectic blog but very enjoyable.

May you soon reach 100,000.

StayAtHomeKat said...

Great look!

and always entertaining content!


Live long and prosper!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Hi Sally,
Thanks. Hope you enjoy the reading. :)

Janice,
Thanks but its just a lot of shameless self promotion really. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

VioletSky,
"the sky is always blue"....which brings me to ask why you have chosen the moniker "Violet Sky".
Sorry about not choosing Green Light but the good news is that its available!

Cheryl,
Change can be fun if it wasn't for the fact that it tends to make a mess of your widgets. Let me know if you decide to go for it.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Sincerity,
It is rare for cats to be honorary squirrels but perhaps this too is a sign of the Obama era.:)

jmb,
Nice to see your furry picture here. Thanks. I enjoy your posts very much too.

kat,
Many thanks my friend. Live long and prosper too. (doing strange thing with fingers the way Spock does).

MedStudentWife said...

Perdy nice :) kinda like a squirrel spring cleaning

50,000 visitors - WOW !!!!

Anonymous said...

wow...50,000 visitors! that's a lot. congrats! the new template looks great!! I'll probably be changing mine again soon. lol

oh, if you want a little hint...I know that with Joyce's blog to have it update on the blog list you need "/atom.xml" at the end. In case you care. :)

molly said...

very nice! Yours is truly an eclectic blog. One never knows what one will find here! I'll raise my glass to the next 50,000......

geewits said...

I LOVE that video! I remember the canals one, it was really good. I just checked out the Manglish one and had to highlight the "transcripts" in order to read them. I'll check out some more later. I really like the new page. Sweet. And you've really had only 49,000 visitors, because I've been here a thousand times!

StayAtHomeKat said...

I tried that too but just messed up my new manicure

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

msw,
That's a nice way to say it, "Squirrel Spring cleaning". I like it.

cabcree,
Thanks for the tip for Joyce's blog. I will get round to doing it soon. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Molly,
Thanks. I still remember the first time I came across your blog.....you were taking a walk on the beach. May we both enjoy blogging for quite awhile yet.

geewits,
Yeah, sorry about the Manglish post. My previous background was dark green. The light colored text would now be difficult to read on this new grey background. I will try to chang all that bit by bit. :)

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

kat,
That's why Spock doesn't manicure. He might wear fishnet stockings but no manicures.

Jo said...

LGS...! Hello! I'm so sorry I have been too busy *sigh* to visit all of my favorite bloggers. I love your new format. It's wonderful.

Congratulations on your 50,000th visitor. Phew!

tsduff said...

I LOVE your new picture and blog - so beautiful! you know how I am about pictures :) Lovely - congrats.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin